Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Moton adjustable dampers 996 GT3 - what are they worth?

Stroller

I have a set of Moton Clubsport adjustable dampers on my 996.2 GT3. It seems a shame, but I am considering returning to OEM suspension as I am selling the car and these may put some buyers off.
I understand they cost approx £6.5k new and have done about 15k miles since.
What are they realistically worth now?

You will probably have more luck selling on 6speedonline as Moton were more popular in the States for some reason.
Are yours the 7 or 14 click adjustment version ?
I would think around £2000 depending on condition, they are an amazing set up but as you say the remote canisters put some people off.

neil allan said:
You will probably have more luck selling on 6speedonline as Moton were more popular in the States for some reason.
Are yours the 7 or 14 click adjustment version ?
I would think around £2000 depending on condition, they are an amazing set up but as you say the remote canisters put some people off.

Thanks for info, I have the 7 click version. The car is a bit pampered, regularly cleaned, always garaged and on average only done a couple of track days per year.

Those are the early versions then the same as I have on my turbo , the later went to 14 click.
Still more than adjustment on the 7 clicks to notice a change with each click.

With AST now owning Moton parts are not a problem for them either , I had mine fully rebuilt two months ago for a very reasonable cost.

neil allan said:
Those are the early versions then the same as I have on my turbo , the later went to 14 click.
Still more than adjustment on the 7 clicks to notice a change with each click.

With AST now owning Moton parts are not a problem for them either , I had mine fully rebuilt two months ago for a very reasonable cost.

Ok thanks for clarifying.

Anybody got any standard bilstein dampers they want to sell on? Some rebuilt ones would be nice !

MK1 and MK2 take the same dampers?

Is it the full coilover you are selling? Let me know your final I'd you do sell.

Dan

Daniel said:
MK1 and MK2 take the same dampers?

Is it the full coilover you are selling? Let me know your final I'd you do sell.

Dan

It will be dampers with remote canisters only. I believe the springs are standard H&R, but need to check...

Ok.. Let me know the price if you decide to sell.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back