Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Classic Insurance from Admiral

HPNer said:
My agreed value for this year is £56.5k. ('94 NB manual coupe)
:thumb:

:eek: You been outside in the hot sun :grin:

Admiral is OK for some and I thought it was a good deal earlier this year when I got my daughter's Insurance for £509 on a Mini One. On Friday the (Midlands) gearbox failed and the trade deal I was offered (sight unsean :grin: ) didn't make it cost effective to sort so I traded for a newer One but diesel. They've just quoted £440 'extra' for this year claiming with it being 'new to her' (whereas the other we'd had 2yrs) there was a greater risk. FFS I need to get into this Insurance game :what:

(I will try them next year to lump the 'Last of the traditional air cooled' on a multicar :thumb: )

I'm multi cat with agreed value. Had to send photos an essay and a picture of Zongari. Value agreed at lots. Why go anywhere else !?

Zingari said:
HPNer said:
My agreed value for this year is £56.5k. ('94 NB manual coupe)

:eek: You been outside in the hot sun :grin:

I though that might bring you out in a rash! :grin:
I know its probably done its dough at 26.5 bags, but its what its worth to me if I had to get a similar car, Admiral seemed to agree, so no complaints there.

Does the Admiral classic car cover offer preferred repairer?

I went with admiral classic policy too. Benefits were agreed value (which they didn't argue with), I could use by existing ncb off previous policy (couldn'the do this with other classic policies) and a low premium. Thumbs up from me so far.

Thanks for the heads up.

Both my 993 and A3 are up for renewal in October.

Currently with Classicline for the 993 (which turned 20 last month) which cost £539 last year.
The Audi is with Hastings at £380.

As my 993 has now reached 20 years I've just renewed with Admiral classic policy. Lowest premium by quite a bit (in Essex) and agreed value with photos.

They couldn't match Lloyds on my BMW so didn't take the multi car option which would have made 993 annual premium £25 less

same for me, my premium fell from £700 to £350 with agreed value of £85,000 on my C2S.

Shame Admiral never told me about it - but get onto them and save a few quid!

I tried this recently but they told me I had too many mods on my car! I don't even have many - just the usual exhaust, WS remap etc.

jimblack993c2s said:
same for me, my premium fell from £700 to £350 with agreed value of £85,000 on my C2S.

Shame Admiral never told me about it - but get onto them and save a few quid!

What mileage is your 2s out of interest? Agreed value based on photos etc? Mine is 20yrs next yr at renewal

Bloody hell...£133 for an agreed value of £45,000 as part of a multicar policy with the Mrs' Audi. All mods included eg. wheels, suspension, headlights, GT3 seat etc.

Or £178 on it's own.

I might try Admiral Classic next year but this years renewal (just) they were way off the mark on my Audi - over £100+ than with LV. I'm now with LV :grin:

Shame as Admiral have great customer service (Canadian call centre) and despite having house Insurance and the daughters car with them they wouldn't price match :roll:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back