Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gold wheels?

Keep the pics coming both - I am currently in a dilemma of wether to go:
Weiss Gold, Platinum Satin, Black or something else entirely :dont know:

My car is atlas grey - picture attached.

Any views welcome!
Ger

Now I've seen the GT2RS wheels, I think the next refurbished coating will be that choice. I really like the neat & timeless colour. So thanks in advance for the pictures :thumb:

Ive mocked up some ideas. Weiss Gold, Black and Platinum Satin.

What do you think? Im torn between the uniqueness/historical-relevance of Weiss Gold, and the 'evil batmobile look of the darker colours. :batman:

Ger

gerlewis said:

What do you think? Im torn between the uniqueness/historical-relevance of Weiss Gold, and the 'evil batmobile look of the darker colours. :batman:

Ger

Definitely gold. But I think they will look brighter in reality.

I really like the stance of your car, I presume you have lowered it? can you give details? Thanks.

gerlewis said:
Keep the pics coming both - I am currently in a dilemma of wether to go:
Weiss Gold, Platinum Satin, Black or something else entirely :dont know:

My car is atlas grey - picture attached.

Any views welcome!
Ger

Yes, it is set on GTRS Eibach springs (blue) with original dampers.

Its fun - driving a go kart :thumb:

gerlewis said:
Yes, it is set on GTRS Eibach springs (blue) with original dampers.

Its fun - driving a go kart :thumb:

OK, thanks for the info. Did you have to have a realignment done? is the ride harder ? thanks.

Heres the pic

As promised...

Attachments

• img_0423_188.jpg
    img_0423_188.jpg
    356.3 KB · Views: 5,717
gerlewis said:

Ger

Personally, I think the grey looks best.

Yours looks awesome Chilout 8)

I am thinking of going to my local OPC to have a look at some colours in real life before I make a decision.

That's a good idea, I saw Platinum satin wheels on a new 718 Boxster in lava orange at Nottingham OPC and they did help me decide, they look great in the flesh.

To answer your previous Qs about the lowering - it was carried out by the previous owner, and it was re-aligned.

I would like spacers I think - are you running spacers?

No, my suspension is bog standard at the moment,but I do like the stance of the Cayman R. I would like to lower by 25 - 30mm and add spacers, but I don't want to mess with the handling or make the ride to hard/harsh. I am probably going to cocentrate on the sound system for my next project as I only have the basic setup which is pretty shite to be honest.

I really think that the gold suits the design of wheel which has simple narrow spokes. Multi spoke complex designs seem better in silver / anthracite / platinum. Wiessgold works with the wheels on the black Cayman. On a white car I would go for smoked gold. BUt the fun is working out what works for you. NIce thing is that you can experiment I the knowledge that it is correctable if, for some reason, it really does not work.

Follow the urban outlaw core, you could try different colours on each side.

Johnd52 said:
Follow the urban outlaw core, you could try different colours on each side.

vomit.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back