Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Performance exhausts

Pip1968

Just wondering if many on here had gone to an aftermarket system for their car. I was flicking through one of the Porsche magazines at the airport which recommended something from Cargraphic or such like (I think it was in there along with a number of other parts and recommended by Parr).

Anyway what recommendations are there for a 996 GT3. I do not want something that is going to be really loud. In fact something at a similar noise level to now is fine. My aim is more to perhaps make a small increase bhp but really to lose a bit of weight at the back and refresh the exhaust system (oh and an excuse to buy the titamium exhaust studs).

It may not happen but I am interested to hear people's opinions and experience with after market exhaust systems. Cost will of course be a factor. Are not Akrapovich something like £6,000 plus the fitting - ?

Just to reinforce I do not want to be driving all the way to Germany with ear plugs in :D .

Pip

Pip

I have no experience of GT3 exhausts, but £6k seems steep imho!!!

I have a switchable on my 996 turbo and it is perfect for me..sourced from 9e

Try http://lightweightperformancetitaniumexhausts.co.uk/ they have a good reputation as far as i know?

Regards and goodluck

Faried

Just had a Kline Innovation full system fitted to my 997.2 Turbo. There is no cabin drone at all whilst motorway driving or pootling about. But gas it and a glorious wail rises to the red line. It's perfect.

It's as if there's a butterfly valve fitted but there isn't. It's witch craft I tell thee.... :eek:

PM sent Pip as I know someone who could help and not too far away

its a tricky one as the OEM exhaust is not just about managing noise....its a well developed system that helps with back pressure for low down torque and there is a lot of exhaust gas scavenging going on through the system to help with middle and top end.

the only reason I went to get a hand made set of back boxes was that I had none on mine when I bought it. it was awful. loud, raspy, no back pressure down below and it ran like a dog until you really wound it up. pointless.

maybe change the back boxes but you only get a bit more noise. I love the sound of an OEM GT3 which is why I went to as near OEM as possible.

if you change the system you will change the drive and performance characteristics. the manthey 410 system is great but its all top endy and you have to rev the nuts out of them so ideal for track but for road.....mmmm

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back