Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bare essentials

GRANDDUC

Fancy a 911 (currently running SQ5) £'s may stretch to 991.2 possibly new. Have owned a couple of Boxster's some years ago so out-of-date with this type of car now. Don't want to go crazy with options so appreciate some feedback as to the bare essential options to make the car saleable when the time comes. Thanks in advance.

Perhaps the mods can move this thread, should be in current 991 section.
MOD EDIT= Done.

But fwiw here is my take, having recently got my 991.2S.

If you're at all budget restricted, just go for the S with a minimum of options.

Sport seats are an essential IMO

Everything else is personal preference. I have too many .... but would not go without pdk, sports exhaust and sport chrono. But a plain vanilla manual would be fine, I'm sure.

I like parking sensors, cruise, auto dimming mirrors, led lights etc, but they don't make it any quicker....

Great car though, and resale wise, ignore everyone, and get what you want.

gred said:
Sport seats are an essential IMO

Everything else is personal preference. I have too many .... but would not go without pdk, sports exhaust and sport chrono.

As an absolute minimum, would go for these 4 options too. Stretch to a "S" if possible.

Alternatively, would not worry at all about resale, and just spec the car to suit yourself with as many, or as few, bells and whistles, as life is too short and you only get one chance to live it. :)

Must say I would disagree with the above... Purely given your intro, I'd go base Carrera, rather than the S and save £10k (you can get a lot of options for £10k). The Carrera certainly isn't lacking power on the road.

Base spec I would go with: http://www.porsche-code.com/PHM43WJ1

"safe for resale".. Black exterior and interior - nil extra cost. Likewise Sports seats come as standard (and are excellent).

Add the PDK, Sports Chrono and Zorst... and you can still get a few nice to have's like 20" Alloys, Multifunction steering wheel, parking sensors all round, floor mats etc... and with the essential bells & whistles, you're still £2k under the cost of a base S without options.

Happy shopping! :thumb:

Customer at the dealer i just bought from bought a base Carrera, full stop, thats it. Think he may have had metallic paint, but other than that, pure as spec. No right or wrong answers in reality of life.

6appeal said:
Must say I would disagree with the above... Purely given your intro, I'd go base Carrera, rather than the S and save £10k (you can get a lot of options for £10k). The Carrera certainly isn't lacking power on the road.

Base spec I would go with: http://www.porsche-code.com/PHM43WJ1

"safe for resale".. Black exterior and interior - nil extra cost. Likewise Sports seats come as standard (and are excellent).

Add the PDK, Sports Chrono and Zorst... and you can still get a few nice to have's like 20" Alloys, Multifunction steering wheel, parking sensors all round, floor mats etc... and with the essential bells & whistles, you're still £2k under the cost of a base S without options.

Happy shopping! :thumb:

Sounds like you specced my car!

Mine is the base carrera but has Sports exhaust, sports chrono , parking sensors front and rear, S alloys etc Bose ,

For me the essentials are

Sports Exhaust, PDK, Sports Chromo ,Multifunction Steering wheel and 20" alloys .

Specing your 911 is very personal, such opting for PDK or manual may well be an influencing factor. Will the car be mainly be used for commuting to and from work or mainly used for weekends or both. Some people are happy with the basic stereo and the basis seats. You need to sit in one and go for a test drive and then make your decisions based on the information gained. I do not think you can spec a 911 without first driving at least one.

Such as I have ordered a manual and not a PDK, however I have Spec'ed 4 wheel steering and sports suspension. Its all to do with person preference.

You may well find it more cost effective to buy a ex demonstrator or one with a previous owner if cost is a influencing major factor. There are a few 911.2 now available in the 2nd hand market. There is a red 911.2 for £97,990 at http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...1-carrera-991/porsche-911-carrera-pdk/6184388 I would expect you could get some discount on this as well.

I have read that some journalists prefer the base more so than the S. You could go with the basic exhaust and get a aftermarket one fitted later.

The added optional extras on a 911 are just icing on the cake.

alpinaB3 said:
Specing your 911 is very personal, such opting for PDK or manual may well be an influencing factor. Will the car be mainly be used for commuting to and from work or mainly used for weekends or both. Some people are happy with the basic stereo and the basis seats. You need to sit in one and go for a test drive and then make your decisions based on the information gained. I do not think you can spec a 911 without first driving at least one.

Such as I have ordered a manual and not a PDK, however I have Spec'ed 4 wheel steering and sports suspension. Its all to do with person preference.

You may well find it more cost effective to buy a ex demonstrator or one with a previous owner if cost is a influencing major factor. There are a few 911.2 now available in the 2nd hand market. There is a red 911.2 for £97,990 at http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...1-carrera-991/porsche-911-carrera-pdk/6184388 I would expect you could get some discount on this as well.

I have read that some journalists prefer the base more so than the S. You could go with the basic exhaust and get a aftermarket one fitted later.

The added optional extras on a 911 are just icing on the cake.

Spot on... wise words.

Agree with most of the above plus I'd add 'Adaptive Cruise' if you are likely to be in stop start/heavy motorway traffic. Ordinary cruise control is shoite and outdated by comparison :nooo:

If it's a point and shoot car and not going to get much daily driving to/from work you probably wont bother but if you're buying new for the extra I'd tick the ACC box :thumb:

Sports Chrono and decent adjustable seats (min 14 way) is a must and a 991.2 is a revelation over the .1 :wink:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back