Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayman GT4 Ring Crash

Ouch!

Ooops, now that was unlucky. Just a tad too far away to see it coming.

BMW driver probably thought "phew that was lucky, got away with only a little scrape to the back bumper".

Then got t-boned by the Cayman!

This puts me off going to the 'ring. They need to find a way (with marshals, flags and lights) to make the track safe when there is an oil or coolant spill, or an off...

I'm amazed how easily the rear bumper came away on a Porsche Cayman.

Insurance void on most policies for motor sport activities & racing.

£10 bet the driver said more than "oops"!

Robertb said:
BMW driver probably thought "phew that was lucky, got away with only a little scrape to the back bumper".

Well - that and a blown engine, which was what started it in the first place (look closely - the E30 spins on its own fluids after something under the engine bay pops).

Speaking from experience (limited) the BMW will be liable for claims from the Cayman and VW, cost of armco repairs from all cars and the cleaning of the track (i paid euro 964 for one bend to be cleaned of oil), both of which have to be paid to the track before you go anywhere!!
This is what a spin on the ring can really cost but it's still an amazing experience. As MNC911 says, virtually all UK Insurance excludes the ring but they have to (by EU law) pay out 3rd party claims

Disco said:
Robertb said:

Well - that and a blown engine, which was what started it in the first place (look closely - the E30 spins on its own fluids after something under the engine bay pops).

Ah, indeed it does.

Terrifies me, the 'ring.... I'd love to go, but I'd drive so slowly it would hardly be worth it!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back