Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Elbow grease going to waste?

I've completed my trial and will post up my results shortly.

I'll be returning the trial pack back to Phil at Goodwood as he's the man that did all the ground work here. :thumb:

KJD said:
I've completed my trial and will post up my results shortly.

I'll be returning the trial pack back to Phil at Goodwood as he's the man that did all the ground work here. :thumb:

Thanks Kev mate, so :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :whistle: :popcorn: :fight: :fisherman: :sleepy: :sleepy: :?:

So the bouncers trial consisted of a glass sealant , glass cleaner, foam applicators and a pot of Check the Fleck wax.

I didn't try the glass sealant it's not something I'd use so that will be for someone else.
The glass cleaner was ok, nothing special no worse than some not as good as others I've tried Overall I preferred my Megs glass cleaner so i'l be sticking with that.
The sponge applicators are just too big you can't even get them into the wax pot and there are much better products on the market.
I used one on the bouncers the other on Adams buttery wax just as comparison. These have now been washed and I've found a use for them as tyre gel applicators.
Right now the wax, firstly I cleaned and prepared a few panels so that it had a nice surface, I did not machine polish the panels as I wanted to see results like for like.
Application was easy enough once I used my own applicators went on smoothly with no issues.
It was a warm evening when I completed this and it dried quickly, it was a sod to remove even after a minute or so I tried half a panel at a time not allowing it to dry which was a lot easier so you need to be on your toes!!
The finish was not as smooth as I would of hoped for , I eventually removed the wax then buffed again with a fluffy polishing cloth, all a bit hard work.
The results, overall quite pleased a good shine, some good reflections and gloss but not easy to use. I'd not recommend it to beginners it's just hard work and in my experience anything hard work gets left on the shelf.
As a comparison I split 3 panels and my current favourite Harly wax and Adams buttery were better overall without all the sweat and tears.
Only time will tell on longevity but I'd expect it to be equal to other waxes only time will tell.
I have to say I'm sceptical about the claims of coloured or designer waxes but I'm sure other will have there own take.

Many thanks to Phil for making this happen great to try new products.
The market is currently flooded with products if you can try before you buy all the better.

Photos to follow.

:thumb:

Hi Kev, I think there's some lovely reflections in the pics and it looks a nice deep shine which is hard to get on silver.the second pic particularly looks great
I agree it's a one panel at a time product , I had noticed that the guys that do mine this weekend had a routine and one was applying and as he moved on to another panel another guy was polishing the wax off , when I asked them why, they agreed with what you said it dried very quickly and was then a sod to remove.
totally agree with your thoughts on the applicators and the glass cleaner

I will be sticking with the check the fleck for mine as it's a dark car and the wax does look nice, but won't be using the glass products or applicators.

Great report Kev good to see what a product does on a dark car and then a light car.

Kev, it does look good to me too. With a lot of these products, it takes some time to get used them. The Blackfire waxes are also wax on wax off types, rather than curing types so I'm used to not doing a swipe test.

Good review for sure and good to hear your thoughts on the Bouncer products.

Phil 997 said:
Hi Kev, I think there's some lovely reflections in the pics and it looks a nice deep shine which is hard to get on silver.the second pic particularly looks great
I agree it's a one panel at a time product , I had noticed that the guys that do mine this weekend had a routine and one was applying and as he moved on to another panel another guy was polishing the wax off , when I asked them why, they agreed with what you said it dried very quickly and was then a sod to remove.
totally agree with your thoughts on the applicators and the glass cleaner

I will be sticking with the check the fleck for mine as it's a dark car and the wax does look nice, but won't be using the glass products or applicators.

Great report Kev good to see what a product does on a dark car and then a light car.

Phil, your right to carry on using it as it worked really well on your colour, it really did pop :grin:
Your cleaning guys learned fast, you can't hang around.
I had a right old sweat on !
:heat:

CarreraMonkey said:
Kev, it does look good to me too. With a lot of these products, it takes some time to get used them. The Blackfire waxes are also wax on wax off types, rather than curing types so I'm used to not doing a swipe test.

I think they have a good product but it needs further work IMO to make it easier to use. If they address this they stand a chance in a saturated market.

It's a little on the expensive side but for ease of use and excellent results I still think Swissvax is a winner.

My car is not where I want it , I've not had the time as yet but over the winter I'll be giving it the full treatment and I recon it's a good 3 days work to go through all the stages but with it off the road I'll work on it a bit at a time .

KJD said:
CarreraMonkey said:

I think they have a good product but it needs further work IMO to make it easier to use. If they address this they stand a chance in a saturated market.

It's a little on the expensive side but for ease of use and excellent results I still think Swissvax is a winner.

My car is not where I want it , I've not had the time as yet but over the winter I'll be giving it the full treatment and I recon it's a good 3 days work to go through all the stages but with it off the road I'll work on it a bit at a time .

Kev if you get bored in the long winter months and you have got yours where you want it , I can always leave mine with you :floor: :floor:

Phil 997 said:
KJD said:
CarreraMonkey said:

Kev if you get bored in the long winter months and you have got yours where you want it , I can always leave mine with you :floor: :floor:

Phil I'd happily help you, there is a detailer in you I'm sure.
:grin:

KJD said:
Phil 997 said:
KJD said:
CarreraMonkey said:

Phil I'd happily help you, there is a detailer in you I'm sure.
:grin:

maybe somewhere under the coffee and bacon buttie taster :floor: :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back