Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

DVLA Auctions

Osh

Just had the details through from DVLA of their next auction in Nottingham later this week.

Just opened the spreadsheet and one of the first one for sale is 911 AGM. Nice plate...also BF911, 911BL, CAZ 987, 911 EA, 911 GJ, 911 JAH, JAZ 987, 911 PA, 996 RUF, SXI 911, 997 T - great plate for £2500!!,

Jump on the DVLA site for more details

Osh

Obviously the DVLA reserve price is to be completely ignored-
At the last auction 111 O sold for £42,000 (reserve £2500)
918 XXX sold for £25,000. reserve £1200)
85 O sold for £40,500 reserve £2500

On top of hammer price is 20% VAT plus 8% buyers fee = bloody expensive

Palladium said:
do number plates hold their value?

Yes

They are a fantastic investment 8)

Palladium said:

Looking at the 'numberplates for sale ' forum on this website I would say they are all worth peanuts and when selling along with derogatory offers you also get sarcasm and abuse.

Mr Pub said:
Palladium said:

Yes

:hand: Not convinced as they rely on you matching the plate with the right buyer. If they aint there and nobody wants it you'll struggle to move it on especially if you've paid the premium because you want that plate and the chance is nobody else does or you've already battled with them pushing the premium :what:

Some will creep up but these are mainly low digit (3 and 4) where what they say doesn't really matter but they look good as there's fewer digits.

As an 'investment' I wouldn't, as something where you 'might' get your dough back if you ever sell then maybe :bandit:

carkid said:
Palladium said:

Looking at the 'numberplates for sale ' forum on this website I would say they are all worth peanuts and when selling along with derogatory offers you also get sarcasm and abuse.
Sarcasm yes....very rarely have I seen abuse on this forum.
To be fair, when people suggest that YY64ZTG some how spells Trevor, and a starting price of £2.5k a little dig is surely warranted. Besides, it's all a bit of fun.

^^^ LOL

The right plates will increase in value.

Ones that have to be punctuated with a screw hole probably won't.

Mr Pub said:
Palladium said:

Yes

:grin:

And if not... you can always change your name by deed poll ?

Frederick Albert Naismith :?:

:floor:

FZP said:
carkid said:
Palladium said:

Sarcasm yes....very rarely have I seen abuse on this forum.
To be fair, when people suggest that YY64ZTG some how spells Trevor, and a starting price of £2.5k a little dig is surely warranted. Besides, it's all a bit of fun.

:eek: WHAT !!!! YY64ZTG doesn't spell Trevor NOOOOO :) Can anyone else see that CLEARLY says Trevor even in your rear view mirror it still says Trevor. must be worth 10k min

askgeez said:
Mr Pub said:
Palladium said:

Yes

:grin:

And if not... you can always change your name by deed poll ?

Frederick Albert Naismith :?:

:floor:

:thumb:

I am slightly concerned that the DVLA keeps finding other 911 derivatives that may slightly soften prices a bit :dont know:

I quite like Fred as a name 8)

I still have V1 CGH for £10,000 if anybody is interested. :lol:

Anyone know what 911 AGM made today?

£2,600 - which is ridiculously low :nooo:

BF 911 - £4,400

911 EA - £4,300

Must have been a tough crowd today :what:

:eek: WHAT !!!! YY64ZTG doesn't spell Trevor NOOOOO :) Can anyone else see that CLEARLY says Trevor even in your rear view mirror it still says Trevor. must be worth 10k min

Now you point it out, I am keen. Could you swap it for a 996 C2? Trevor

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back