Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 GT3 double din headunit adaptor

olivers

Hi all

Does anyone know of a decent quality fascia adaptor which would allow me to fit a double din headunit into a 997.1 GT3. It has the dark silver plastic trim. Thinking of fitting a Pioneer AVIC DAB/nav/Bluetooth system, which we have in our household run around Golf GTI and is brilliant.

Many thanks

Oliver

olivers said:
Hi all

Does anyone know of a decent quality fascia adaptor which would allow me to fit a double din headunit into a 997.1 GT3. It has the dark silver plastic trim. Thinking of fitting a Pioneer AVIC DAB/nav/Bluetooth system, which we have in our household run around Golf GTI and is brilliant.

Many thanks

Oliver

Oliver, the gen 1 silver fascia is available on ebay or a number of retailers see link for one. the matches are very close in colour so don't look wrong.
You may need to fit a most optical interface if your wiring is optical (strangely some are and some are not even with non bose and with bose they all are ) but its a very worth doing mod as you get blue tooth upgraded maps and depends on the head unit but my alpine gives me spotify http://www.alpine.co.uk/p/Products/advanced-navi-station2676/ine-w925r you can also run an ipod off it hardwired to either the armrest or glove box.

Don't worry that they say they are only for cars with no cup holders (unsure if gt3 even has cup holders) my fitters overcame the issue and cup holders work fine just a little tweak to the inner edge of the fascia needed. hope that helps

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/ct23po04-double-din-facia-plate-for-porsche-911-typ-997-boxs

Thanks Phil that's really helpful, much appreciated.

Weirdly the GT3 does have cup holders, though if anyone brings a beverage into mine they will not be thanked...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back