Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Customer service provided by Yorkshire Classic Porsche

Jcx

I have just dug out a thread i started late last year after speaking with Jon / John from Yorkshire Classic Porsche or YCP on the phone about a car they were selling.

My link about the horrible customer service provided by Yorkshire Classic Porsche or YCP is here:

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=107918&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

To help i have included a few choice snippets about my Yorkshire Classic Porsche or YCP experiences below:

Jcx said:
http://www.yorkshireclassicporsche.co.uk/used/porsche/997/911-turbo/leeds/west-yorkshire/16471918

I don't think so and the guy at YCP thought i was trolling when i asked if the price was a typo. Quite a phone call...

Jcx said:
Chris_in_the_UK said:
They have 'history'.....

Do tell. I just got a lecture of 'John' - its the first time I have ever spoken to a dealer on the phone where they swore in casual speech when describing some people for whom they have no respect. #Gobsmacked doesn't adequately describe it for me.

Jcx said:
Chris_in_the_UK said:
Jcx said:
Chris_in_the_UK said:
They have 'history'.....

Do tell. I just got a lecture of 'John' - its the first time I have ever spoken to a dealer on the phone where they swore in casual speech when describing some people for whom they have no respect. #Gobsmacked doesn't adequately describe it for me.

There was a thread on PH from somebody complaining about a car they had bought which had been problematical - it was deleted in true PH fashion.

The chap also ran a blog with his list of issues which was a bit cringeworthy to read TBH.

Well I have to say the guy on the phone just persuaded me without intending to never to buy from him. His attitude was amazing. He talked over me constantly and told me all the reasons why it was worth its dough and when I corrected him on a couple of his reasons he replied 'well that doesn't make any difference to the price!' Why then cite the same points as reasons why it is worth such a high price?! It was like debating religion with a closed-min zealot.

Jcx said:
resigner said:
Stopped at YCP about a year ago to look at a car while we were up that way. They don't let you test drive unless you have agreed a deal to buy the car. If you do, then you can take it out, and if you don't like it, back out of the deal. Seems rather strange to me, but sure it discourages test pilots somewhat.....

Nice enough guy, but was revving the car on the forecourt when it was cold and just started..............

Is that car really worth 15k more than one at the same place with slightly higher miles and almost the same age????
http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/porsche/911-turbo-997/porsche-911-997-turbo/4822407

No, don't think so either.....

I asked the same question. That didn't go down well either. He admitted proudly that he was only selling at that price (68k) because he wanted a slice of the profit that collectors will make if they buy it and garage it and sell it after its value has gone up. He said he didn't like selling cars to people if the buyer stood to make more money than he did.

He also said it is his own car and he's only selling it because he has run out of money on a 'massive' (I can't help noticing sport that I may be considerably richer than you!) house refurb he is doing. "So" I responded "it's two owners not one then?" To which he replied "well that makes no difference" after telling me that it's a one owner car and you won't find another..."

Can you tell that I really didn't like his style?

Jcx said:
+1.

I don't have a problem with people making money. I have a problem with poor customer service and belligerent attitudes. I will pay a premium when the premium is earned. But I'll walk and wait for another car to surface when the dealer behaves in a way that gives me cause to question his integrity.

So Nick, does any of the above remind you of anyone? Perhaps John / Jon at Yorkshire Classic Porsche or YCP as they are sometimes known?

BTW, if it does be sure to include "John / Jon at Yorkshire Classic Porsche or YCP" in each of your posts so that even people who do not frequent this forum do find out about John / Jon at Yorkshire Classic Porsche or YCP when googling to find customer service reviews about John / Jon at Yorkshire Classic Porsche or YCP.

:thumbs:

Well, I missed the original thread and now it is closed.
Easternjets, I wish you luck with getting it sorted and I hope you get the 911 of your dreams.
When you do, take the wife and kids and a camera, as the looks on their faces will be priceless.

easternjets said:
Hi Jcx, thanks for all that.

...make sure you contact your CC company and instigate a chargeback :thumb:

Oh and please keep us informed of the outcome as nothing worse than a thread with no ending.................esp this one :wink:

Went to look at a 996 turbo this dealer was selling

It has solid spokes c4s wheels on one side and hollow spokes on the other side. The car was genral sh1te in all areas bot mega expensive

Used to be called thunder road

Is this the same garage featured in 911 Porsche World on page 134 of the October 2016 edition?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back