Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

IVA test on LHD 991 GT3 Import

PhilMorrison

Hi GT3 chums :). I have really missed my 997.2GT3, but not the pain it brought to my torn left calf muscle. So I've bought a LHD 991 GT3 from Dubai, and finally my IVA test date has come through.

I have read a lot, but having never had a car IVA'd before, and being very keen to register and drive the thing asap, I thought I'd see if anyone has any experience / advice on the matter.

I have changed the right side rear light to UK spec, so the fog light is now on the left and right side.
I have inverted the dynamic headlights on the dash.
I've changed to MPH on the dash.
Other than that I don't know what else they are going pick up on.
It's a standard car with the correct N0 cup 2's, and the car has all the right vin and tyre pressure stickers.

I've read that the tyres can cause a problem when IVA'ing as the speed rating (Y) is okay to 186mph, but the car can do 196mph.
I've also heard that the lower part of the wheel & tyre protruding from the arch could possibly be an issue.

991GT3.jpg

Can you not get a CoC (Certificate of Conformity) from Porsche AG which will confirm it meets Type Approval for the EU?

With that, things will go much smoother as all the stuff like radius checking, emissions etc. can be skipped. That just leaves the lights & speedo really.

No unfortunately not. CoC is specifically for European specification cars. Porsche can offer an alternative document that basically provides the same information proving the GT3 is exactly the same as the European equivalent, but VOSA do not recognise it.

I've learn't all this the hard way. I started my registration months ago. I had documents returned from the DVLA twice, each time with a two week delay before they told me they require an IVA, and since then the IVA process took well over a month from request to the point they even asked me for payment (despite me ringing and checking on the status). Then there was a query on my application sent by e-mail. I replied within 5 minutes, and then when checking with them they said my e-mail reply will take 5-10 days to be manually input onto my file.. The new DVLA without any offices, but still using the postal service for all communication are a joke, and it seems VOSA are being completely choked at the moment.

Useless, the lot of them. Like when we tried to get your number transferred off the GT3 - the months that took...

You could always clone a white GT3 plate while you wait :floor:

Dunno much abou the IVA but those orange side markers are a definite style fail :floor:

Cracking quick car that, hope you enjoy it as soon as possible!

Good luck with it, i'm sure that all the hassle will be worth it in the end. :wink:

Senoj said:
Dunno much about the IVA but those orange side markers are a definite style fail :floor:

lol, so it failed....... On the stupid side repeaters!!!!!!
You have to be able to see the side repeater at 5 degrees alongside the car. It turns out you can't on the orange ones :sad:

I now have UK spec clear ones fitted, and I'm re-booked for Wednesday.

PhilMorrison said:
Senoj said:
Dunno much about the IVA but those orange side markers are a definite style fail :floor:

lol, so it failed....... On the stupid side repeaters!!!!!!
You have to be able to see the side repeater at 5 degrees alongside the car. It turns out you can't on the orange ones :sad:

I now have UK spec clear ones fitted, and I'm re-booked for Wednesday.

Thats quite funny.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back