Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Is the 996 GT3 MK1 worth a punt?

Bund said:
I'm not thinking of buying it to enjoy but purely as a trade.

I'm not sure if GT2s are moving at the 100k plus price? Or if the silly prices are being achieved for leggy 993's? Yet a low mileage gt3 mk1 can be had between 60-70. The latter has a racing pedigree and I see it as a better bet. Anyone bought one for Similar reasons?

Buy it to enjoy it. Cos if you lose money, at least you've still enjoyed it.

The wider question is, is the GT3 cheap, or are the other cars you reference too expensive?

I live in London, I have a 996 that I hardly drive, a Formula Ford race car and about to buy a Caterham R300 race car so I have no need to enjoy a road car that is track biased. I hate driving on uk public roads.

I'm thinking of it as just a trade, I think a LHD scuderia might also be a good trade.

In answer to your question though I do think the 993's and GT2's are expensive compared to a good 996 GT3 MK1.

There was a good article in last month's 911 & Porsche World on the market, with views from the Trade. The consensus seemed to be that there were a lot of optimistically priced 996Gt3s (and 996TTs) around that were not selling.

The conclusion seemed to be that prices were such that buyers were becoming increasingly discriminating. Only the very best cars selling with gilt edged provenance.

An LHD car may be a good bet as you can access the overseas market and also benefit from Sterling depreciation making your car cheaper to foreign buyers.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back