Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

revs staying up between gear changes

It could be the fuel mix is too high.

There is a recessed knob ( triangular from memory) on the side of the ecu under the passenger seat. Try unscrewing the ecu from the floor, unplugging the ecu from its cable and retard the fuel mix by turning the knob a couple of turns then replace the ECU. ( sorry cant remember if its clockwise or anti) Trial and error.

Remember and disconnect the battery before taking out the ECU

Regards

Quickstop

Its not something stupid like a sticking throttle cable / pedal is it ?

Get someone to operate the throttle while you look at it and see if its fully returning perhaps .

I would check for an air leak before making any adjustment.

thanks for the replies, I tried lubricating the throttle and thought I had cracked it, but when the engine is up to temperature it starts again, going to go down the air leak road. :thumb:

Get onto impactbumpers.com it's a superb site for these cars , do a search it will have been covered before
Good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back