Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Owner , Porsche Carrera 3.2 1987

Spriteman35

Hi I have just made the decision to purchase my first porsche and pick it up next Saturday , and have a couple of questions I hope someone can help with

1. I need to get some new fog lamp lenses , where is recommended for spare parts ?

2. The car is totally standard at the moment but I may want to look at improving performance and was thinking of a stainless steel exhaust and possibly a chip / reprogramme any advice on this

Thanks
Andy

Hi Spriteman35

I did something similar when I got mine a few years ago

There are a few online shops out there for Porsche Parts.( of you are in the UK) You could try porscheshop.co.uk or design911.co.uk

A single box sports exhaust muffler from Dansk is about £450, or a dual outlet exhaust is a bit more. If you are looking to do the exhaust and the heat exchangers budget for about £1,500. Be aware though, if you go for the dual exhaust it will sound nice but you will have to cut another hole in the rear valance.

I also fitted a replacement chip to my ECU. There was a noticeable difference in the performance of the car. These chips raise the redline and add BHP and torque, making the low down performance much better. I fitted this chip

http://www.9tuning.com/911.asp

It was a doddle to fit but about a year after I fitted it the whole ECU blew and it cost me £1k to replace the ECU. Not blaming the chip, probably my fault or just the age of the ECU which gave up. But beware.

Good luck with your project. These cars are great

Regards

Quickstop

Get on to impactbumpers.com it's deducted to these cars. Most use a Steve Wong chip that can be easily fitted yourself. Exhausts lots about I had an M&K that I imported from USA, it was superb improved sound with no drone. Think a local guy makes exhaust in UK now search for Turbo Thomas exhausts
Good luck

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back