Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

UK Delivered 1978 911SC Speedo and Tacho

Pork Chops

G'day guys, I've got one of your cars over here is Australia. I'm refrurbing the gauges but considering the sketchy history of the car I'm not sure what I've got is what I should have.

It's the speedo I'm most concerned about as it's got an aftermarket kmh face on it and I'm not sure what's under it. It's got 280kmh as the top speed which is about 180mph. Part number on the gauge is either 91184153400 OR 91164153400 but I can't be sure and the stick on dial slightly obscures the 6/8. If you search these part numbers they do show a 180mph speedo, but would an SC have that from the factory? Surely 150mph would be more appropriate. Also if I look at the UK PET those part numbers are not there

Ideally I'd like someone with a totally original UK car to check their car and take an image of the speedo and confirm the part number.

Same with the tacho if possible.

My car is below after a fresh respray back to the original Copper Brown Metallic. Hope you like.

Cheers.

Attachments

• img_8764_127.jpg
    img_8764_127.jpg
    516.1 KB · Views: 6,585
  • black_and_brown_101.jpg
    black_and_brown_101.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 6,585
Nice period colour - looks v smart.

If you don't get any joy here you might try your luck on impactbumpers.com

New Threads

Forum statistics