Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ariel Atom Supercharged

Been a busy weekend!

Left bright and early Saturday morning to collect it. As I arrived the rain started. I delayed leaving so not to get completely soaked and risk killing myself and the car. Not stopped smiling, the thing is epic! I must have done 300 miles already. Had a load of family over to day and spent most the time taking people for a run up and down the road. Been a good weekend all round. A few mandatory pics;

Might have to get an Ariel sign now for the garage!

That's so effing COOL!!! 8)

I told my boy, age 3, that my friend is buying a racing car. He's well excited so you have to come over.

I am only 2 miles from Bedford autodrome, so if you want, I will cover a track day if I can be your passenger for the day!

1st, 15th August & 19th September is available.

:thumb:

Or I can meet you somewhere if you are Bedford way on a dirve out.

More pics please too :camera:

Hey Jin. I really don't need an excuse to drive it! Should come along to one of the Bucks meets? We usually meet at the super sausage on the a5. I'll likely bring the atom next time as my turbo is going to be off the road for a while atleast.

First sighting for me today of the Atom's 'off-road' sibling.

It didn't look at home 'on-road' :nooo:

911tom said:
Hey Jin. I really don't need an excuse to drive it! Should come along to one of the Bucks meets? We usually meet at the super sausage on the a5. I'll likely bring the atom next time as my turbo is going to be off the road for a while atleast.

I will try, I have had something else on the same day of every meet so far :frustrated:

I will come in the van as my car is having paint/dents sorted now and won't be ready until September.

So that means I will need to blag a passenger ride with someone...someone who owns an Ariel Atom...someone who has a crazy fast Astra van...someone who's name begins with T... :floor:

Back to business, sort yourself out man and get some more pics up!

:thumbs: :drink:

So I cracked already and committed to buying a windscreen! Makes it so much nicer at high speed especially without a helmet. I brought it second hand from a chap in Christchurch yesterday. Weather was fantastic and with the porka being on holiday at 9e I had to take the atom :D
I took the opportunity to take some pics along the seafront. Drive through the new forest was also lovely.

In order to fit the windscreen the front panel is slightly different so I brought the windscreen and new panels that are finished in a really nice blue.

B19TOY said:
911tom said:
I am becoming a little obsessed by the idea of buying one. Anyone got one / had any experience? Are they as awesome as everyone says? Looking at residuals they do not seem to loose any money so even if I hardly use it it will cost hardly anything.....

Took out a Caterham 620R and liked the performance. Was a passenger in a supercharged Ariel with an aero package and whilst the performance is similar the Ariel is more aligned to what I was looking for.

So this week Ariel factory are adding a supercharger and wings to the 2015 Atom Cup car I bought used (300 miles) in June this year. Car is SORN so did one track day on road tyres because the 500 mile running in / oil change and factory check was not yet complete. Even being gentle it is a very entertaining drive, and more so in the wet.

Planning to be at Donington later this month.

Did you but the car from Chester privately?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back