Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche AG refuse to honour warranty on new GT3 for track us

Lest no one forget :eek:

Attachments

• cl_failure_673.jpeg
    cl_failure_673.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 8,609
Senoj said:
You are not wrong mr cherburator.

I think its the fact that Porsche absolutely wring out the marketing mop when it comes to track cars and motorsports. The halo cars are always marketed in that context and to be fair, why not, its powerful emotive stuff. When they turn round and say err, well we actually didnt mean you to actually use it like that or if you do you're on you're own mate.. Its a tad disengenuous to say the least..

But, to be fair to Porsche your are right in saying that the cars are so good out of the box that its not a massive problem. I have had a few run ins with porsche warranty dept over the years. A recently replaced (300 miles old) clutch on my gen1 gt3 grenaded itself and took the housing with it, not cheap and they wouldn't pay. Not because it was used on a track but because they could not identify why the problem happened and it was therefore not their fault. i asked them if they thought it was my fault? No, they said we just dont know how it happened so we can't cover it. Utter nonsense and it took a huge amount of effort, stress and hassle to finally get some "goodwill", horrible experience. Then all sorts of nonesense about aftermarket grills (no renewal this time) that they would happily remove for me for £350, the c/l wheel debacle...but never have i ever been asked if the car was on a track or not. To be precise i have never had a claim refused because of that. At Spa a couple of years ago i was under the car adjusting the rear bar and noticed a significant oil leak, very lucky spot...Porsche assist picked it up, took it to Porsche Liege where it was fixed under warranty. They even gave me a hire car to drive home and keep for a couple of weeks and then paid my fares back to liege to collect it.

The problem with Porsche and their extended warranty is nothing to do with track or no track. Its all to do with the massive inconsistency of how they apply their ambiguous rules and regs. Its full of snares and is such an anti customer product i dont know why they bother. The stupid check you have to pay for, no mods whatsoever etc. The rows they must have over it beggars belief. Why not turn it on its head, smile and be totally customer centric, say yes more than no, charge a little more for it if you are that concerned and be the best in the business. Customer retention and all that..

I hear you very loud and clear and I agree with you. Unfortunately, as I used BMW to illustrate my point, Porsche has been a bit of an outlier when it came to warranties and actually being good on them. I would imagine, given that everyone else - BMW, Audi, MB etc are squirming their way out of paying, Porsce is slowly but surely following suit.

Btw, when you buy an Audi RS product - surely you are bombarded with fizzy videos of Mikkola, Mouton and Rorhl or Biela/Stuck, while sat at the salesman's desk. Take your car on track, beak it and see how they laugh when you put in a warranty claim :(

State of affairs through the industry I am afraid :(

Senoj said:
You are not wrong mr cherburator.

I think its the fact that Porsche absolutely wring out the marketing mop when it comes to track cars and motorsports. The halo cars are always marketed in that context and to be fair, why not, its powerful emotive stuff. When they turn round and say err, well we actually didnt mean you to actually use it like that or if you do you're on you're own mate.. Its a tad disengenuous to say the least..

But, to be fair to Porsche your are right in saying that the cars are so good out of the box that its not a massive problem. I have had a few run ins with porsche warranty dept over the years. A recently replaced (300 miles old) clutch on my gen1 gt3 grenaded itself and took the housing with it, not cheap and they wouldn't pay. Not because it was used on a track but because they could not identify why the problem happened and it was therefore not their fault. i asked them if they thought it was my fault? No, they said we just dont know how it happened so we can't cover it. Utter nonsense and it took a huge amount of effort, stress and hassle to finally get some "goodwill", horrible experience. Then all sorts of nonesense about aftermarket grills (no renewal this time) that they would happily remove for me for £350, the c/l wheel debacle...but never have i ever been asked if the car was on a track or not. To be precise i have never had a claim refused because of that. At Spa a couple of years ago i was under the car adjusting the rear bar and noticed a significant oil leak, very lucky spot...Porsche assist picked it up, took it to Porsche Liege where it was fixed under warranty. They even gave me a hire car to drive home and keep for a couple of weeks and then paid my fares back to liege to collect it.

The problem with Porsche and their extended warranty is nothing to do with track or no track. Its all to do with the massive inconsistency of how they apply their ambiguous rules and regs. Its full of snares and is such an anti customer product i dont know why they bother. The stupid check you have to pay for, no mods whatsoever etc. The rows they must have over it beggars belief. Why not turn it on its head, smile and be totally customer centric, say yes more than no, charge a little more for it if you are that concerned and be the best in the business. Customer retention and all that..

what gets my goat is why put the customer through all the hassle only to end up paying. I've had a very similar experience on warranty claim.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1298955

Yes, i read your ordeal on PH. it's dissappointing and lets the brand down IMHO. I would bet if they changed their attitude there would be a net gain in customer retention rather than any increased costs.

Ive not renewed mine this time. If i self insure i wont refuse myself any claims :floor:

Senoj said:
Yes, i read your ordeal on PH. it's dissappointing and lets the brand down IMHO. I would bet if they changed their attitude there would be a net gain in customer retention rather than any increased costs.

Ive not renewed mine this time. If i self insure i wont refuse myself any claims :floor:

Yep threw my warranty in the bin after spending something like £10,000 on OPC warranties and instead spent a load of money with 9e on some lovely upgrades. Who needs the flipping hassle of an adversarial warranty claim process? Life too short. I always used to eulogise about the Porsche warranty being a complete no brainer but its scandalous the way they treat customers when a meaningful claim is put in.

:thumbs:

I think a bit of common sense when reporting a fault with regard to the circumstances of the failure would help to oil the wheels of administration when making a claim.

NXI20 said:

Cor, haven't seen that pic for a long old time...that was at Brands wasn't it ?
:?:

kas750 said:
I think a bit of common sense when reporting a fault with regard to the circumstances of the failure would help to oil the wheels of administration when making a claim.

By 'common sense', do you 'telling lies'?

MC

nick w said:
NXI20 said:

Nope, USA somewhere.

NXI20 said:
Senoj said:
nick w said:
NXI20 said:

Nope, USA somewhere.

VIR or Lime Rock istr

Ok...rings bells, but I do remember a 997 cup car losing a Center lock
wheel at Brands.
I'm sure Danny will come up with the data...lol.

This reminds me of the ceramic brake debacles many years ago.

Porsche hailed them as the best things since slice bread for road or track and yet when owners rolled up with fried discs Porsche did not want to know and said that will be £10k plus vat please.

Warranties have more holes and gotchas written into them than a tea bag.

That 991 GT3 engine will prove to be a dog as the miles rise on them.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/some-porsche-911-gt3s-are-getting-new-engines-again/

"The repaired engines will be used by Porsche in development testing."

Aka chucked in the scrap pile.

Do you really want to track one of these?

The latest problems don't destroy the engines. Porsche and/or the aftermarket will resolve the issue and the cars will be fine.

Yes I have a 991GT3 so I would say that, I also have a warranty for two years which is renewable upto 15 years old so I'm good until 2029 by which time I'll be 63.

I can't say I'm that worried.

Alternatively to the car being considered a dog it might be that post a permanent fix its considered to the one to have as it will rev to 9k.

You could be right, I could be right but its all conjecture. Meanwhile I'll keep enjoying my car, just like the E60 M5 I had that was apparently going to grenade itself and have huge clutch issues. In that case I paid £93 a month for a warranty and whilst I did use it on occasion those issues which scared people crazy never occurred.

This is one of the risk of car buying now, potential lots of problems as they are just too complex. I had a nightmare with a Shogun the wife wanted a few years ago, repair bill over £10k which took a few months to get Mitsubishi to accept and a friend had an XC70 which fried quite a number of the ECU's in the car, eye watering cost to fix.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back