Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Elbow grease going to waste?

Right the moment of truth, Took my samples of Bouncers products to my auto detail guys today to do the test and review.
The car was snow foamed and shampooed then dried, there was no mopping, clay baring or any other pre treatments done prior to the application of the Bouncers products.

These are the thoughts of the two guys doing my car.

The glass cleaner - LOOK SHARP was good and they liked it said in neat form it got the glass nice and clean and as good as any of the high end products they use, they didn't try it diluted 1;10 as suggested for light soiling.

glass sealant DROP & ROLL they found the small applicator pads were not up to the job and didn't like them they also found that due to the small pads getting soaked in the product it over applied leaving the window with a very reflective wet look which would look nice on clear glass but made my tinted film glass reflect any scratches in the glass, they also said that 3 applications spaced at 1 hour intervals was ok for the diyer but not for them and they had a similar product that only needed 15 min intervals between applications and ITO was as good as the DROP AND ROLL .

WAX MAX applicators used one it was too big and too thick it also was not dense enough to give a smooth application and they reverted to the Autoglym Perfect Palm Polish Foam Car Wax / Sealant Applicator Pad that they normally use and I could visibly see the improvement in application of the wax using the auto glym applicator it applied smoother and thinner.

The DONE & DUSTED I did not try as its a quick detailer meant for in trim enhancement of the wax after regular washing .

On to the VERY positive bit the Bouncers CHECK THE FLECK wax.This is a very nice pure wax . The key to this product is in the paint prep as the better you do this the better the wax looks, as its highly reflective and gives a very nice mirror finish, it also noticeably lifts the metallic in the paint, this was very difficult to photograph to show the full effect, but I considered it a very good finish. I wax my car regularly and use a quick detailer every week after its cleaned so I am used to seeing a good finish and the check the fleck was very nice. It applied easily using the auto glym applicator doing a panel at a time wipe on wipe off.

Attachments

• img_0831_374.jpg
    img_0831_374.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 6,610
  • img_0827_313.jpg
    img_0827_313.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 6,610
  • img_0826_188.jpg
    img_0826_188.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 6,610
  • img_0824_638.jpg
    img_0824_638.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 6,610
  • img_0818_455.jpg
    img_0818_455.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 6,610
  • img_0817_183.jpg
    img_0817_183.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 6,610
  • img_0816_172.jpg
    img_0816_172.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 6,610
  • img_0815_125.jpg
    img_0815_125.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 6,610
  • img_0814_186.jpg
    img_0814_186.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 6,610
  • img_0813_192.jpg
    img_0813_192.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 6,610
and a few more inc one that shows the car prior to starting . The downside to living in a coastal area is the sand in the rain as you can see from the pics could really scratch the paint if not properly removed which is why I like the snow foam and rinse prior to the shampoo and sponge getting used. :thumb:

Attachments

• img_0811_445.jpg
    img_0811_445.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 6,603
  • img_0810_497.jpg
    img_0810_497.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 6,603
  • img_0809_138.jpg
    img_0809_138.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 6,603
  • img_0808_173.jpg
    img_0808_173.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 6,603
Going to be sending the samples on to Carreramonkey next then KJD for them to try. anyone else let us know :thumb: :grin:

Cheers Phil,

Firstly, spot on using snow foam to remove that sandy dust, it's so sharp it will swirl your clear coat in a flash if rubbed into the body work!!

That looks a lovely deep shine and you have some really nice reflections going on and I bet it looks even better in the flesh.
Is it that much of an improvement that will make you buy a pot?

Nice review on the other products , windows are a funny one and applicators can be also it depends on what you are used to working with.

Car looks damn fine in the pictures, spot on Phil

I'll be interested to see how this works on Arctic Silver after CM has given it a go.

:thumb:

Firstly, Phil what an excellent report. I thought it was succinct and educational. Spot on.

From your experience with the finish the guys usually get, would you say check the fleck is better than your regular wax? Would you recommend it?

Also, based on the fact that potentially I won't have any fleck to check from tomorrow, I think we need to find a tester with an appropriate metallic paint to review it. Whilst we find them, I think KJ should go next.

CarreraMonkey said:
Firstly, Phil what an excellent report. I thought it was succinct and educational. Spot on.

From your experience with the finish the guys usually get, would you say check the fleck is better than your regular wax? Would you recommend it?

Also, based on the fact that potentially I won't have any fleck to check from tomorrow, I think we need to find a tester with an appropriate metallic paint to review it. Whilst we find them, I think KJ should go next.

Well regarding buying a pot of check the fleck the answer is yes I will be buying some , imo I have been very happy with the BMD sirus dark edition and have just brought some more. BUT I had thought the Check the fleck was good and during the daylight and in the sun I was quite sure the mirror finish was better than my other product. but I was just walking past a window just now and the shine from the car in the moonlight I have never seen before using any product. it was so shiny I had to go outside and look at it. I am very very impressed with it. only time will tell about how long it lasts and if your the type of person that wants to wax the car one a year it may not do for you . If your the type of person that looks to wax the car every 6/8 weeks and wants a mirror finish, then this is worth a try. :thumb: :grin: .CM I understand and good luck in that department I would suggest you have a look at other waxes in their range .and I will pass this on to Kev next . :thumb: :grin:

Photos were taken using just an iphone so with a decent camera would have looked better. some reflections show a couple of bored daughters waiting to be taken to the beach lol, but car had to be done first much to their annoyance, still after a swim at Sandbanks they were happy again. :thumb:

KJD said:
Cheers Phil,

Firstly, spot on using snow foam to remove that sandy dust, it's so sharp it will swirl your clear coat in a flash if rubbed into the body work!!

That looks a lovely deep shine and you have some really nice reflections going on and I bet it looks even better in the flesh.

Nice review on the other products , windows are a funny one and applicators can be also it depends on what you are used to working with.

I'll be interested to see how this works on Arctic Silver after CM has given it a go.

Thanks Kev mate , looks like your getting it next mate can you PM me you address and I will get it off to you. cheers :thumb: :grin:

Phil 997 said:
KJD said:
Cheers Phil,

Thanks Kev mate , looks like your getting it next mate can you PM me you address and I will get it off to you. cheers :thumb: :grin:

Oops, just seen this Phil I'll send my details over right now :thumb:

Now you have had the car out in the elements for a couple of days and possibly some rain what is the finish looking like now?
It will be good to know how durable and lasting this is.

I have now brought a tub of the bouncers check the fleck black edition the same as I trialled , should be here middle of the week :grin: I was really pleased with the shine so think I will stick with it for a while. :thumb: :grin:

Phil 997 said:
I have now brought a tub of the bouncers check the fleck black edition the same as I trialled , should be here middle of the week :grin: I was really pleased with the shine so think I will stick with it for a while. :thumb: :grin:

Nice one Phil, looking forward to giving it a go . :grin:

KJD said:
Phil 997 said:

Kev, You should get the trial box early next week mate :nooo: I missed the last post Sat morning so am posting it monday :grin: Unless you are happy for me to give it to you next Sunday at the total911 meet :grin:

Phil 997 said:
KJD said:
Phil 997 said:

Kev, You should get the trial box early next week mate :nooo: I missed the last post Sat morning so am posting it monday :grin: Unless you are happy for me to give it to you next Sunday at the total911 meet :grin:

Next Sunday will be fine Phil as I won't have time to get it on the car this week anyway. :thumb:

No probs mate I will bring it with me Sunday :thumb: :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yewcorner
Back