Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Turbo / 997 Turbo - Comparisons.

IMI A said:
997 t rear looks pretty good IMO :D
would be even better if washed and polished lol! :thumb:
are you getting any use of the beast yet?

ChrisT70 said:
IMI A said:

No unfortunately but plan to VMAX / autobahn. Have a feeling the 9e 28 package is good for 210 mph + :D

:thumb:

give me a shout if anywhere nearby this season might run out in 993 to meet up :D

New997buyer said:
I've nothing against the 997 turbo FWIW and hope to own a Gen 2 turbo S one day. And sure it's newer (and therefore an improvement). But it's hardly the leap forward (brace for sucking of luddite teeth aplenty from the garage queen brigade) that the 996 was over the 993 :dont know:

Okay I haven't quite made it to a Gen 2 turbo S, yet. But I'm 10k miles into 997.1 ownership and what I said above still holds true. It's an effective evolution from the 996. But it's not the same monumental step forward that was over the 993. :thumb:

IMI A said:
ChrisT70 said:
IMI A said:

No unfortunately but plan to VMAX / autobahn. Have a feeling the 9e 28 package is good for 210 mph + :D

Well that was an accurate prediction. She should run 215mph at next one if cool - so sad March was cancelled perfect conditions :)

Attachments

• k2vtlyntrpyrlnqllzmya_thumb_d700_717.jpg
    k2vtlyntrpyrlnqllzmya_thumb_d700_717.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 1,078

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back