Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Future GT3RS

Senoj said:
No one knows what the cars will be, manual, pdk, both. If you want one best place to go is an OPC as you cant place an order anywhere else....and, if you are just now thinking of buying a new one from an OPC then you are most likely about three years, a few bought cars and/or an ongoing positive relationship too late. Or, maybe not..

If Porsche decide to make enough to fulfil demand, what ever that may be, then guess what, anyone who wants one can buy one and that is also likely to be normal car buying scenario that includes elements of depreciation. Bearing in mind that this, in no way, will distract from the quality of the driving machine and experience (hopefully) then i do wonder what the real demand will be like when they make more of them.

Also remember this overs stuff is a very recent phenomenon. 996's and 997's were never under supplied when new. When the 991 pdk car arrived two things happened in a relatively short space of time. Firstly the 6's and 7's with their race derived engines, manual 'boxes and, most importantly, known finite numbers built became more desirable for reasons of authenticity and relative scarcity. Secondly the 991, primarily because of its pdk box, astonishing capability and glowing press, became desired by a whole new type of customer who were either not in love with the previous generation cars where the performance was harder work to extract and weren't the most acommodating things as road car in comparison or blissfully unaware of what the GT3 "thing" was all about. As such i think Porsche under estimated demand on the 991 so now there is a delicately balanced under supply of both.

Neither of these things were part of any master plan...without the 991 engine debacle and subsequent delays they may well have built quite a few more 991 but i think time ran out...big company long term planning and scheduling took over.

My guess is Porsche will make more of the subsequent models. Just how many more will be very interesting to try and fathom along with what happens to demand once they do.

I would also guess that the hierarchy at VW are very keen to make more of
the GT brand. Let's face it, with the amount of money they have to find to
cover the Diesel gate scandal, they are going to to need to fully exploit any
additional revenue streams. However, even if they manufactured another few
thousand GT3's it would be a drop in the ocean in regards what they need to
find over the coming years to mitigate the biggest automotive ***** up in
history. :nooo:

Over the years the hierarchy at Porsche have always stated that they wanted
the GT brand to be exclusive....and that hopefully demand would always strip
supply, thereby keeping the mystique and values of the cars up. Clearly, now
that market has changed...new buyers, new markets, historically low interest
rates...kind of a 'triple whammy' really. Will Porsche open the floodgates then ?

Flood , hope not
Virtual drought , likely, probably?
a steady trickle...less likely, hopefully.

Senoj said:
Flood , hope not
Virtual drought , likely, probably?
a steady trickle...less likely, hopefully.

D'accord....a steady trickle every 3/4 years will do me too !

:lol:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back