Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

FOR SALE : 993 Turbo manual coupe

IMI A said:
Jay Man said:
Chris-mac said:
The car at Strasse is a lovely looking turbo but has been for sale for quite a while now.

It looks to me that there is huge confusion on the sellers behalf as to what is a collectors car and what is an enthusiast car. Over 40,000 miles and the car falls into a very different category, collectors will pay the premiums to have a low mileage example sat in a collection, enthusiasts ( like me) want to be able to use the car but want to retain some residual value, so paying top money doesn't make the car an attractive purchase, hence the lack of interest and drop in price of this particular example, as nice as it is and regardless of maintenance carried out.

The car needs to remain affordable to the enthusiast and that includes running as well as buying. Circ £100k for a second car is a lot of money and would you use it as much as you'd want, probably not!!!

I didn't know it had been around for so long. However I don't think you can draw a line at 40,000 miles and then say one is a collectors car and the other isn't, it's not as simple as that.

Not simple I agree but in general most cars with more than 10,000 miles will not make it in to serious collections.

You'd have to be mental to pay £80,000 or £90,000 for a 993 turbo with 98,000 miles. Even the 68,000 mile car is ridiculously expensive. Lovely cars but £50,000 cars IMO. Being old cars they cost a fair bit to maintain if you intend to have some fun in them. I'd rather have a C2 Coupe as a far better drive.
That's exactly my point, my comments about collectors cars and 40,000 miles were specific to 993 turbos and not Porsche's in general as an RS etc is a collectors car regardless of mileage but a turbo has to be spot on to get top money. I'm sure we'll see turbos changing hands for mid 50's soon enough.

£50k wouldn't get you a decent c2 NB today let alone a turbo.

Just doing my bit. :D

Rialas said:

Realistic sellers do turn up from time to time even in these times. I know someone who bought a mint 70k mile C2S for £45,000 not long ago. I turned down a mint green 993 C2 narrow body against my better judgement as I'd have had to buy the car down the phone for circa £45,000 from memory. Again less than 12 months ago and it had only done 40,000 miles and was one of one Uk supplied manual C2 narrow body in mint green.

A 98,000 mile 993 turbo for £80,000 + is mental. Arguably not as much fun to drive as a C2 and comparatively expensive to maintain. Lovely cars but I can't see anyone mad enough to drop £80,000 + on a 100,000 mile 993 turbo. I sort of understand the the low mileage garage queens at this sort of money (just).

Now if a manual UK supplied 10,000 mile or even 35,000 mile 993 C2 I'd pay all the money for it. Preferably black :thumb:

Rialas said:

Absolutely agree
If usable 'S's are changing hands for 60-70k then surely a useable "T" is 80k plus all day long!! :grin:
Anyway, this one's not for sale anymore. Just my 2 Penneth.. :grin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back