Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 Project - Plan B

Paul, fitted my LED bulbs tonight too :)

So far and I'm impressed

Dipped

Full beam

Hi James,

Very nice, aren't they a huge improvement!

Cheers,
Paul

Hi All,

Not much to report but yesterday when I took the car into Stockton guess what was parked beside me, well you know because you cheated and looked at the photo first :grin:

Chris White's lovely C4.

A glamour shot of a mural from the birthplace of the railways, Stockton-on-Tees.

I love the way George Stephenson had such confidence in the future of steam locomotives he called this Locomotion No. 1. And the street art bears his motto " What we do today will change the world." He's wasn't wrong there!

Anyway I thought it worth sharing.

Cheers,
Paul

Very nice Paul Dr Knauf would be proud of that shot :thumb:

Aww, thanks Turbo Twins! :grin:

Hi Chaps,

More hot air! Finally got my exhaust sorted :thumbs: This is only the 4th one so not too bad :wack:

Just to recap, the first one was the Dansk SS twin outlet, which I installed before the 3.8 rebuild and turned out to be no good for the new engine. The 2nd was a Fabspeed twin-out which was droning more than a Zeppelin. That one went and was replaced by a Fabspeed RS system, much better suited to the RSR engine but still droning unbearably between 2.5 - 3.0k revs.

In despair earlier this year I contacted Stuart at http://www.aas-exhausts.co.uk who came highly recommended and he took a good look and gave me the bad news I was expecting. The exhaust gas from each set of headers were meeting in the silencer and not exiting the pipes efficiently (at the particular revs) causing the droning. He also thought the oval tips wouldn't help force the gases away from the car and he new recommended round tips. And now the worse news, he was fully booked for 6 months :frustrated:

And here we are 6 months later, I picked my car up today and the car not only sounds incredible but is going like an absolute rocket. Stuart had made a new silencer rerouting the gasses separately so they exited cleanly. The new tips look great, the are angled away from each other slightly, which also helps the acoustics.

We have kept the Fabspeed headers and heat exchangers which are a work of art in themselves.

So that's it, we're sorted. Strange thing though, the car pulls away much better from a standstill and seems much more docile whereas before it needed coaxing on the throttle to avoid stalling which I'd always put down to the aggressive RSR cams.

I was in good company, here is Simon's beautiful hillclimber again getting lightness added for his competitions.

"Lightness?", I hear you say. Yup, lightness! In the form of a bespoke tungsten exhaust.

Hmmmm :?: Oh b****r ! Wish I hadn't been told that! :wack:

Cheers for now,
Paul

Hi All,

After the yesterday's success of the new exhaust I was talking again this morning to Stuart from AAS who was interested to see how I felt about it and I mentioned to him the ease of which the car now pulls away. Stuart confirmed that the free-flow release of the exhaust gas will have that effect and that I will expect to achieve another 15 - 20 bhp as a Brucie Bonus. Happy days! 8)

Cheers,
Paul

Even more power! Even MORE.....git :grin:

Looks mint Paul, can't wait to hear it in full howl :thumbs: AAS is just along the road from me, glad you got sorted at last.

Looks a 'proper job' Paul. Hope I get to hear it howl down Blakey ridge in October. Have to do a few fly pasts at the Lion Inn.

I like round tips .. nice :) , by the way the North Yorks route looks epic.

I had the same problem with droning I ended up leaving her at home :lightening:

Gazc2 said:
I had the same problem with droning I ended up leaving her at home :lightening:

Brilliant :grin:

Paul, you're still a git :worship:

Hi Chaps,

Even more power! Even MORE.....git

It definitely does have more go but Nick (Redtek) thinks 15 - 20 bhp is probably optimistic and I would tend to agree for just an exhaust, however in the interests of science Nick is going to dyno it next year (when it's in for a service) on the same rolling road so we'll be able to compare with the original figures. It does feel a lot better though, so possibly the previous exhaust was holding it back a tad and I'll approach it with an open mind. I've opened her up today with a run on the Helmsley TT (see North Yorks Run Out) and I've fallen in love all over again :cute:

Looks mint Paul, can't wait to hear it in full howl thumbsup AAS is just along the road from me, glad you got sorted at last.

Thanks Ian, they certainly know what they're doing. See you on the N. Yorks. run and you can judge for yourself. Which car are you bringing? :thumb:

Looks a 'proper job' Paul. Hope I get to hear it howl down Blakey ridge in October. Have to do a few fly pasts at the Lion Inn.

My experience of the The Lion Inn at Blakey Ridge is that people don't fly past, it's like a magnet :grin: See you on the 9th John!

I like round tips .. nice Smile , by the way the North Yorks route looks epic.

I think they look better too Keith, they are beautifully made. Don't forget your camera!!

I had the same problem with droning I ended up leaving her at home

:floor: Hope you can make it on 9th Gaz, and bring the drone... I mean Audrey. Oh b****r I wish I hadn't said that!

Paul, you're still a git

It's a talent I have Chief old mate :bandit:

Cheers,
Paul

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back