Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

better brakes on a 964 ,

No but welcome and what a cool name 8)

Cool name, yes. But I bet he doesn't live in a pineapple under the sea.
Welcome anyway.

MC

Chief or GazC2 or Paul284pt are the experts here - one of them will likely drop by shortly.

Here I am :grin:
Welcome along. Nice user name, not owned a comb in 30 years myself :oops:

Do you have the standard setup with the single piston per side rear calipers?

There are a few choices dependant on what you have and your driving style.
Are you after fast road?
Are you heavy on the brakes or gentle with a trailing pedal?

Let us know and we can perhaps point you in the right direction.

All the best,
Chief

beautiful hair gang said:
i have a 1990 , 964 c 2 , anybody have any suggestions regarding a better brake pad , road use !!

Hi and welcome.
Firstly better than what, what is it you have now?, you mentioned that your cars going to be for road use, a car fitted with a new set of discs and pads should be fine for most folk with standard pads, a set of fast road pads from the likes of EBC or Mintex would be a reasonable upgrade.

The C2 has a small rear caliper with a large piston (44mm)
A useful upgrade is to get a set of 964 C4 rear calipers, these are dimensionally the same size as your front calipers but with 30/28 pistons, these produce less force than the standard calipers so the brake bias compensation valve should be changed from 45 to 55 bar.
928's use the same size 4 pot rear caliper as do certain models of 944, I got a set of 928 calipers from a breaker in the US which were in pretty good condition and didn't cost much, though with the 928 calipers you have to change the cross lines around which is easy to do.
Beyond that it would get quite expensive with larger disks etc.
Regards
Logan

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back