Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Door seal rejuvenation.

KJD

I have read that the door seals on 996/7 can deteriorate and this can lead to water ingress . Not sure how much of a problem this mine doesn't leak at all but I'm getting around the car quietly and treated all the seals with Swissvax seal feed as a preventive.
The results are pretty amazing the rubbers are now supple, soft and look like new.
The process is a simple one just give all the rubbers a good clean with an APC then apply with a cloth, a little goes a long way.
It's not cheap at £42 a bottle but a bottle will last a life time.

Not sure what system targa roof cars have but it may also help to prevent any creaking

Good Tip Kev, will look into that :grin: :thumb:

As an alternative use Krytox. Can get in form of wipes from VW as used on the EOS to keep seals in good condition. You occasionally see it on eBay as MG/Rover used it for seals on MGF. As above only need a small amount just to wipe over. Excellent stuff well worth looking after the seals

Yep a worthwhile task. Gummi pflege is another good one. Helps avoid stuck doors in icy conditions too.

Good to have some alternatives, Swissvax is good but damn expensive.

:thumb:

I used a silicon grease in the winter to stop the glass from sticking to the rubber and ripping my tint film off. worked well for that purpose :thumb: :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hobie1
Back