Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Another one with a 997 GT3 Itch

Skelts said:
Yes it was a good car, I have had a few thoughts about should I.....

Well I now own an R8 GT which is Audi's thoughts of a 'gt3' as in essence the gt is a limited run of cars which have been lightened and power added. I'm not saying its as sharp as a gt3 but the V10 has massive appeal.

I have my gt4 landing in September as well, which I'm looking forward to getting.

V10 would have some appeal, vive la difference but do they hold their cash? September GT4, I thought those were all done a dusted? I'm sure you'll enjoy that :D

Only just catching up on this thread after a hectic week.

I really appreciate all the details Skelts, so very useful!

R8s have always been stunning cars, I was checking one out the other day at a showroom. As for a GT4, so many rave reviews....will be very interested to know how you rate it with your car history! :D

Senoj said:
Skelts said:
Yes it was a good car, I have had a few thoughts about should I.....

Well I now own an R8 GT which is Audi's thoughts of a 'gt3' as in essence the gt is a limited run of cars which have been lightened and power added. I'm not saying its as sharp as a gt3 but the V10 has massive appeal.

I have my gt4 landing in September as well, which I'm looking forward to getting.

V10 would have some appeal, vive la difference but do they hold their cash? September GT4, I thought those were all done a dusted? I'm sure you'll enjoy that :D

Thev10 noise and grunt is very appealing, performance in another league. R8's hold there money well in comparison to other normal cars. it will never be like a 'gt' car though which isn't the end of the world. I'm taking it to Spa in September, I expect a better drive there but will lose out on the track, but I'll live with that.

My gt4 landed at the dealer in July but I've asked them to hold it until September to get the new plate.

Hey Guys,

Thought I'd post to say the deal has been done, 996TT out, and 997 GT3 in.
I still can't wipe the grin off my face when taking her out.

A gentle itch turned into something much more after finding the right car :D

Thanks for all the input from everyone on this thread...pics to follow!

Cheers,

Nick

Attachments

• img_1300_medium_127.jpg
    img_1300_medium_127.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 6,199
  • img_1304_medium_132.jpg
    img_1304_medium_132.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 6,195
Preeettty carrrr !

997 GT3 does look absolutely fantastic in white...then again I am a tad
biased !. :thumb:

Very nice! What's the spec? I can't quite make out a cage from the pics, so presume it's not a Clubsport?

Looks great in white

Congrats on the purchase!

:thumbs:

Thanks!

You're right, no cage. After test driving this one with the comfort pack, I thought the feel, excitement and seat support were spot on for my requirements.

Lovely car
I got my white one nearly fours years ago. I still love it. Love the rawness compared to all the new cars out there.

Congratulations, I hope to one day own one of these :)

Congratulations! Had one just like it :thumb:

T9H_0884_2.jpg

Nick,

Car looks great, I'm sure I've seen it somewhere before???

Shapes65 said:
Hey Guys,

Thought I'd post to say the deal has been done, 996TT out, and 997 GT3 in.
I still can't wipe the grin off my face when taking her out.

A gentle itch turned into something much more after finding the right car :D

Thanks for all the input from everyone on this thread...pics to follow!

Cheers,

Nick

Congratulations!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back