Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

When do you change your tires ?

From my other car...

n3v0Yqj.jpg

gunner said:
From my other car...

n3v0Yqj.jpg

Gunner, do you live in an area where its all left handed one way systems :grin: :grin: :grin: :thumb: or do you have a roundabout obsession :thumb:

Kimbo said:
Same as my undercrackers.

Five years.

Why change after 5 years, do what I do, turn them around after 5 years, 5 years later turn inside out, then turn around again 5 years later.

Thats the way to do it :D

I'll replace the P Zeros on my car in mid October. They're 4 years old and have started to crack. They might have done 15,000km, but I'm pretty sure that a night at Yas Marina will be the end of them. And hopefully not the end of the car as well.

But to answer the question, I tend to keep an eye on tyres and replace them at 3mm, ie when wet weather braking gets compromised, or when they get to 5 years in a normal country, or they get damaged (and in the case of Pirelli's, when they crack). It seems though that most tyres don't last more than 3 years in the heat of Dubai, especially if you have to park outside. I've a friend who has suffered two blowouts in recent months, so this probably isn't a myth.

It really depends on the tyre and the car as there is quite some difference between a semi slick with a treadwear rating of 140 and an SUV/offroad tyre with a treadwear rating of 400, as well as ambient conditions.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back