Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Used 991 GT3.1 Prices (Post Gen 2 Release)

Grampa

Ok, with the 991 GT3.2 looking to be announced at next year's Geneva show (rumours that it may even be later this year in Paris), let's have some predictions on used Gen 1 prices. Will the release of a Gen 2 utilizing 4.0L 500HP normally aspirated with manual box option (all speculation of course) bring Gen 1 prices out of the stratosphere and back in to the land of reality? There are an awful lot of 991 GT3's for sale in the UK at the moment, many of them have been on the market for a while; will the speculators get their fingers burned? I've got my name down for a Gen 2 (lol) but would gladly forget that idea if Gen 1 prices started hitting around 75/80% MRSP for low mileage untracked examples. Would be interested to hear the thoughts of the old and the wise.

I have no idea. I can't see them going down too much but maybe £110k ish is more reasonable for a gen 1 GT3. I've my name down for the RS, fingers well and truly crossed :thumb:

We'll see, I bought one three weeks ago. It was the spec I wanted, great condition and the colour I wanted.

Will I lose money, possibly in the short term. Longer term well actually I've bought it to keep and use. I've had 911's for six years and have made money overall on the two I've owned (one GT3 and a GTS) so compared to buying and selling more normal cars I'm already substantially up.

I can't see a huge movement in prices with it being a limited product. A good point was made recently, whilst there will be a manual it doesn't mean they will all be specified with it. For me personally I love the PDK-S and as I have another toy with a superb gearshift I'm pleased to have both.

Best of all I can a) get a car and b) drive it now somethings are worth losing a little money.

Regards
Fred

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back