Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Insuring Cayman is reliable after purchase?

C_Stewart

Hey guys,

Basically found a 2009 porsche cayman with a few extras at 30,000 miles for under £20,000.

Looks like a great buy but the seller has a mixed review, some excellent and some complaining of buying a car then it having a lot of issues.

Is there anyway to get round this or is it just a gamble?

I'v bought most of my other cars from authorised dealers like audi etc so have always had the warrenty as a saftey net.

Cheers guys,

Cameron

I think it is just as important who the previous owner has used for servicing and maintenance as these are great pointers as to if these have been skimped on .Many would suggest a 111 point check at an OPC which cost around £200 +vat IIRC ,also you could consider having the bores checked .The laws around second hand car sales (the sale of goods act) have recently changed and now favour the buyer more than ever ,for me if the cars is good its good regardless of the seller as many dealers do little more than service and give them a good valet :thumb:
good luck
PS I have brought 3 without a OPC inspection all good thus far :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back