Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

grand cherokee jeep

Palladium

ive always fancied a cheap old early Cherokee, a 2.7 diesel, anybody got one? Whats the mpg like?

I am seeing decent looking stuff for 2 to 3 k.

I love old Jeeps ............ We have had several old Grand Cherokees over the years the latest being a WJ with a hemi engine - mpg is only stastitics - best by far was a ZJ 4.0 we had for years - loved it. Easy to tinker with too.
Not sure about diesel - sorry.

Had an early 4.0 litre petrol straight six but the weak point was the rear axle do would steer clear of these.
Next I had a 52 plate WJ 4.7 litre V8. Great car, never had any serious trouble at all but you need to make sure it has had the front calipers replaced for the later type. The early type calipers tend to seize and overheat. Very well equipped and comfortable - sold my immaculate example 3 years ago for peanuts (less than 2k). Regretted it ever since - loved the way it towed my 1.5 ton boat and trailer uphill with 5 passengers, all our luggage for a week's regatta plus spare sails and outboard, uphill at 60 without even changing down from top gear!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back