Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Boxster 981 weak points

as360

Hi,

Do these cars suffer from bore scoring and IMS bearing failure?
If not, are there any other weak points to this model?

Cheers

No and No on your first two questions.

It might be too early for discussing weak points but having driven one I am very impressed and Box or Cayman in 981 PDK will be my next choice :thumb:

Some questions over PDK resilience to the point they allegedly cant be repaired so would require a new 'box at stupid money. Also question a coolant pipe that has been known to fail and just happens to be routed requiring the engine to come out.

But then again OPC warranty c£550pa (if I'm correct) makes it a no brainer not to buy one without

:agree:

Far far too early to tell of long term faults .. personnely i doubt it though.

PDK boxes since 2009 have not been repairable , not many have failed though .. well .. not that many that im aware of anyways :)

Demort said:

PDK boxes since 2009 have not been repairable , not many have failed though .. well .. not that many that im aware of anyways :)

There are a couple of places that do repairs - it's a ZF box at the end of the day.

Direct injection may cause some problems at higher mileage with carbon build up of the intake valves .

Chris_in_the_UK said:
Demort said:

There are a couple of places that do repairs - it's a ZF box at the end of the day.

Aghh i didnt know that .. Cheers :) .... at OPC you just fit a new box .. not had one at indy so far so not looked into it.

Only failures i know have been oil mix .. not really repairable would be my guess at that stage.

Nimrod said:
Direct injection may cause some problems at higher mileage with carbon build up of the intake valves .

It has on 991 .. not herd of it on 981 yet although no reason why not.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back