Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 GT3 Suspension creak, Centre Gravity

Cleetus

My 997GT3 Gen 1 just turned 25000miles and the suspension started to creak when warmed up. The car is under warranty so went to my OPC who said it could be the lower control arms or steering arms . May be even top mounts. They were not sure. They suggested the steering arms first as that was the cheapest option. But either way it was not covered by the warranty and all GT3's make odd noises. I took it to another OPC and they didn't know what it was.
By luck I saw a thread on forum where another owner Rohan had the same problem ,many thousands later and not fixed . He took it to centre gravity,who fixed it.
I contacted Chris at CG and he diagnosed the problem over the phone , although he would test drive to confirm. CG are a two and a half hr drive so Chris gave me details of a B&B .
I took the car to CG and after 10mins they had diagnosed the problem (DU bush in the bilstein dampers). Pete took these to Bilstein who rebuilt them while I waited. He then asked me what type of driving I did (number of track days , type of road use etc). He then set up the GEO accordingly.
The car is transformed I can't believe how good this car is and no creaking
I have no affiliation with the company but I would highly recommend them . THE BEST MONEY I HAVE EVER SPENT and it was under their estimate.
I stayed in the Chapel House B&B ,great food and very good prices. CG even picked me up and dropped me off, with plenty of tea while I watched them work.
Thanks again Chris, Pete, Holly and Jane
:D

I can understand why OPCs might struggle with the older cars but it's quite worrying that not one, but two OPCs were scratching their heads with a 997! Poor show.

Hopefully I will get mine to CoG at some point. I've seen nothing but hugely positive comments from anyone that's used them. My car seems to get quite unsettled on a rough surface - hopefully it isn't just a characteristic of the car and a little CoG magic will sort it out.

Cleetus - nice cars btw. Very impressive as a list of previous cars, but if they are all current WOW. :worship:

GT3 Creak

I had similar with mine
But different causes of the noises
JZM sorted with and it is now silent.

I had exactly the same symptoms. OPC said nothing wrong, they all do that. CofG diagnosed within 2 mins, same problem as yours.

As all say, excellent service

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back