Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

sell private or PX is there really a lot in it?

I was about to do a deal on a Cayman with OPC by trading in my CayenneD.

The negotiation discussions didn't go my way when OPC offered £28k px admitting that they would retail my car given its condition/spec etc for £36k :bandit: They defended their posisiton saying they'd need to put new tyres on as they only sell with minimum of 4 or 5mm (cant remember) when mine have 3+mm all round, blow the front end of all cars they get in to get rid of stone chips and then have to 'buy' the 2yr OPC warranty. Given the fact I'd had the 40k/4yr service done in Feb so no servicing was required I wasn't prepared to deal at less than £30k so walked away :roll:

What's the average cost of a SOR these days from an Indy?

Zingari said:
I was about to do a deal on a Cayman with OPC by trading in my CayenneD.

The negotiation discussions didn't go my way when OPC offered £28k px admitting that they would retail my car given its condition/spec etc for £36k :bandit: They defended their posisiton saying they'd need to put new tyres on as they only sell with minimum of 4 or 5mm (cant remember) when mine have 3+mm all round, blow the front end of all cars they get in to get rid of stone chips and then have to 'buy' the 2yr OPC warranty. Given the fact I'd had the 40k/4yr service done in Feb so no servicing was required I wasn't prepared to deal at less than £30k so walked away :roll:

OPC can be right @rses at times surrounding sales & trade ins. They have no problem with losing a sale based on reasonable negotiations. However they don't negotiate, it's usually a take it or leave it situation with zero sales pressure. unless you spend a lot of money with them with repeated business.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back