Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 C2 Restoration

GR is just the perfect colour on 964. Now refreshed, your car really is a thing of beauty.
They are such a talking point and people just seem to want to pass positive comment in a way that modern Porsches can't conjore.

Scholester said:
GR is just the perfect colour on 964. Now refreshed, your car really is a thing of beauty.
They are such a talking point and people just seem to want to pass positive comment in a way that modern Porsches can't conjore.

Cheers!
I know what you mean, I'm fortunate to have a 997 C4S too... awesome car to drive and to look at but this 964 as it is, is like owning my first car all over again!
:thumb:

Lovely car :thumb:

Brilliant video, was a pleasure to watch :thumbs:

You`ve made me start looking at 964s again...........Hmmm :grin:

kurlykris said:
Lovely car :thumb:

Brilliant video, was a pleasure to watch :thumbs:

You`ve made me start looking at 964s again...........Hmmm :grin:

Cheers, pleased you like their vid! Yes this car certainly puts a smile on my face :D

Just had the fan powder coated red (Doesn't rub!) and the housing painted satin black. Polished pulleys too.
Had to get some cup mirrors but I'm keeping the flags and any other original standard bits tucked away!

... and the small leak from the oil lines now sorted, fingers crossed.

Cheers
M

Attachments

• 5d3_8258_113.jpg
    5d3_8258_113.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 6,091
  • 5d3_8257_194.jpg
    5d3_8257_194.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 6,091
Wow. Progressing at pace, well done. It's looking good Sir.

Steve

Mr Bacchus said:
Wow. Progressing at pace, well done. It's looking good Sir.

Steve

Thank you Steve
It's an interesting journey!
Suspension next.....
I have no intention of tracking the car but would like a more sporty handling and feel. I want the car to have a lowered stance without having to do detours to avoid speed bumps.

Help please guys!

I've looked at Ohlins (bit overkill?)
Bilsteins but which ones? Springs?
:?:

Thanks in advance. :thumb:

M

Attachments

• 5d3_8285a_sm_624.jpg
    5d3_8285a_sm_624.jpg
    775.7 KB · Views: 5,950
I recently had Bilstein B16 (PSS10) coilovers fitted to my C4 and I'm very pleased with the result. They were the most cost-effective option at the time (on special offer) - B6's plus separate springs or KW coilovers were possible alternatives which I considered but were more expensive. The B16's have quite a wide range of adjustment - which admittedly I am unlikely ever to use - so can be set up to suit your driving style.

Hi Mike,

I fitted the fully adjustable Bilstein B16's with matching coils, which are great BUT they don't react well to the tiniest bit of salt residue from the roads and I've had to take steps to protect them myself.

If I was doing mine again I'd be fitting Ohlins which now do a fantastic kit for 964's.

Cheers,
Paul

M

Meant to say in my earlier post - your car looks fantastic :worship:. Every bit as good as Jcx's ex, which I used to admire immensely.

(another) Mike

M said:
Yep, now repainted and looking so much better but a couple of little niggles to sort.

- Rear indicator light is a little crazed but I know what that means, replace that one and the other will look awful and when that's done too the centre reflector will look a bit dull!

Your car is looking fantastic. Love the sunset/sunrise photograph. :thumb:

Have you tried polishing the rear lights and reflector with a light compound Mike? Maguiars' M205 would be my choice and should give pretty good results on hazing and oxidisation, even by hand. A £10 bottle might just save you a packet. Nothing to lose if you're thinking of replacing them anyway. :?:

flying_scotsman said:
I recently had Bilstein B16 (PSS10) coilovers fitted to my C4 and I'm very pleased with the result. They were the most cost-effective option at the time (on special offer) - B6's plus separate springs or KW coilovers were possible alternatives which I considered but were more expensive. The B16's have quite a wide range of adjustment - which admittedly I am unlikely ever to use - so can be set up to suit your driving style.

paul284pt said:
Hi Mike,

I fitted the fully adjustable Bilstein B16's with matching coils, which are great BUT they don't react well to the tiniest bit of salt residue from the roads and I've had to take steps to protect them myself.

If I was doing mine again I'd be fitting Ohlins which now do a fantastic kit for 964's.

Cheers,
Paul

Thanks guys
Paul, I know you mentioned this before and I just thought that for most of the bad weather I won't be driving it, but then realised that on a sunny winters day there is still salt on the roads!! What steps did you take... some kind of protective finish??

flying_scotsman said:
M

Meant to say in my earlier post - your car looks fantastic :worship:. Every bit as good as Jcx's ex, which I used to admire immensely.

(another) Mike

Well thanks Mike!!

Your car is looking fantastic. Love the sunset/sunrise photograph. :thumb:

Have you tried polishing the rear lights and reflector with a light compound Mike? Maguiars' M205 would be my choice and should give pretty good results on hazing and oxidisation, even by hand. A £10 bottle might just save you a packet. Nothing to lose if you're thinking of replacing them anyway. :?:

When the body shop compounded the car after the repaint they polished the lights & centre so they are shiny on the surface but they still look somewhat old & dull, but thanks anyhow! :)

Another photo, maybe I'm being pedantic about the rear lights but this is the best side! :roll: ... and that's not my GT4!! (unfortunately)

I have a new Carrera 2 badge(s) that I haven't fitted yet but I kinda like it without, I'm going to think about that one.

Cheers
Mike

Attachments

• 5d3_8315_150.jpg
    5d3_8315_150.jpg
    587.7 KB · Views: 8,704
flying_scotsman said:
M

(another) Mike

Indeed great car! Congrats

paul284pt said:
Hi Mike,

Cheers,
Paul

Which Ohlins Paul? Also are spacers needed if running OEM D90s for that more aggressive stance?

V.nice restoration. I think I would have maybe been tempted to cut the rear wings off to see what rust if any was lurking underneath. Bubbles on the rear wing normally means there may be more underneath on the inner wings.

Looks amazing :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back