Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

spark plug change....

NLW73

is it every 2 years on the 6.2 GT3?

Oil change and MOT due this week.

car only does 2-3k a year max so wondering if its based on mileage or years for the spark plugs?

NW

Its nuts really. There is no way you will wear out spark plugs in 3000 miles.....its a 40k mile service item on my golf gti.

Agreed, there is no degradation of the item whether it is sat on the shop shelf or your engine. I would suggest that there is an ignition cycle life, however you have not reached that.

I've continued getting mine done every second year (996.1) despite only averaging about 1500 miles/year.

Cost is pretty negligible really at an indy and it's a chance to inspect coil packs at the same time.

thanks I done the plugs and coil packs about 18 months ago so may skip this year and review them next year.

defo oil every year though regardless of mileage.

£30 for 5 litres at Costco x 2 so its cheap to do as well.

NLW73 said:
thanks I done the plugs and coil packs about 18 months ago so may skip this year and review them next year.

defo oil every year though regardless of mileage.

£30 for 5 litres at Costco x 2 so its cheap to do as well.

who looks after yours - I need a local recommendation. JZM is too far and Mathey last year worked out, but I cannot go to the Ring once again...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back