Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

981 Cayman prices & potential price changes

max99

Looking at potentially buying a used 981 Cayman, prices seem to be around £32-35k at the lowest , just wandering if people think these may drop anytime soon ?

Mainly for purposes of I can wait a year or so to buy one so would rather the depreciation hit to be taken while I don't own it etc .... or will they stay the same/go up ?

Opinions welcome :D

It's a relatively new mainstream car so values will steadily fall. Porsches don't depreciate like more ordinary marques so values fall more slowly.

As with most cars .... The older the car, the more depreciation has occurred, the cheaper the car is to buy.

I reckon that early 981s will become great value in the next year or two. The downside is that the cars available will be that bit older and will have higher mileage.

Wouldn't think so and that price-range seems about right as I have been looking.

Summer is not the right time to buy a Boxster (and probably a Cayman) so I'd wait until winter.

Extras affect resale (except for when you're trading in) along with these showing to be mileage sensitive. Well apart from some dealer on eBay who is trying to sell a 2013 981 Boxtser (nice spec Sport+ but no PSE :what: ) with 39k miles for near £35k :floor: I can see the buyer then paying c£1,500 for its 40k service and likley discs/pads :hand: At the same time there was a similar spec car with lower miles up at OPC for £2k less. I'd consider it if he gave me £33k for my CayenneD :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back