Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Motorsport Division X51 PowerKit (320 PS/235KW)

It is on the frunk sticker

I assume the oil pump and return line are available as spares. Can they be retrofitted to a non-X51 car?

I have an MO30 c2 and am currently fitting the centre rad and am interested in fitting any parts that improve engine longevity.

Halcyon said:
I guess it won't have X51 on the option sticker under the frunk and inside the service book? Or should it have that as well?

If it's factory and it has stickers, they will say X51.

I think the question meant could a layperson tell from just looking at a car on the street (the cheatiest way would of course be to pop the VIN from the front windscreen in the Porsche build spec database).

stanuk964996 said:
I assume the oil pump and return line are available as spares. Can they be retrofitted to a non-X51 car?

I have an MO30 c2 and am currently fitting the centre rad and am interested in fitting any parts that improve engine longevity.

Both are retrofittable (fit the High-G sump too).

Note: the oil line will need a new through-block boring and associated fixings (ie helicoil the bracket threads)

With thanks to J Holmes, from this thread:

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=118434

J Holmes said:
A new carbon airbox is £2780 plus vat from Porsche as a standalone item (part number 997.110.925.00). But the full gen 1 X51 powerkit is still available - if you already have the sports exhaust then the rest of the kit costs £5228 plus vat (not including fitting). For that you get the heads, manifolds, airbox, inlet manifold, third radiator kit etc etc. But the part number for the carbon airbox in the full kit is slightly different - 997.110.025.00, and against it the price is 'only' £1281 plus vat.

So if you ever find yourself in the position of needing a new carbon airbox it might worth asking your main dealer to try and order the part number of the box from the kit, if successful that's a saving of over 50% on the RRP of the standalone one.

One other thing, according to the brochure Porsche would only retrofit the powerkit to 3.8L cars built after 08/2005. So anything from before that date would not be a pukka X51 car

(text is from the 2007 Tequipment brochure (so 2007 prices) and the screen shot is from the Porsche system (current prices, excluding fitting).

powerkit_2_176.jpg

powerkit_1_329.jpg

Ah! Interesting. My engine is on ~62,000 miles, I plan on rebuilding it at 100,000, be good to upgrade it to X51 specification.

Of course that'll be in a little while, but that gives time to put funds aside.

Just because I happen to be at OPC Hatfield (hey, it was afternoon tea time), I asked them to run a quote (for a 996 3.4):

Parts only = £15,834.30
Labour = 36 hours @ (nominal) £125+VAT

If you are serious, they will discount labour by 50% and parts by 10%

Matt-A said:
It is on the frunk sticker

Just wanted to clarify this slightly - as far as I can see, the 40th Anniversary cars don't have it listed on the options code, I am assuming because it came as "standard" on this model. Same with M030 suspension, sunroof etc that all came as standard as well. Think the only options on build sticker are the ones from the limited list offered on this car.

Basing this on the stickers on my car and in the service book, so hopefully correct unless mines a 40th AE "ringer" although Porsche certificate confirms it is and doesn't mention X51 either.

Cheers..........Ian

Anni's don't list it.

Much like Turbo S doesn't list X50!

GT4 said:
Just because I happen to be at OPC Hatfield (hey, it was afternoon tea time), I asked them to run a quote (for a 996 3.4):

Parts only = £15,834.30
Labour = 36 hours @ (nominal) £125+VAT

If you are serious, they will discount labour by 50% and parts by 10%

Thanks for this btw, I wonder how this compares to (if you can find one!) buying an X51 3.4 and getting Hartech to rebuild it (and fit the third rad etc).

I don't understand?

The X51 would have the third centre rad.

But in terms of rebuild, Hartech would be cheaper.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back