Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Service reminder

weejimmy

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi All,

My car just had it's first service... now it keeps telling me about the next one due in 2018! I don't recall it doing that prior to the first service - at least not until it got within 30 days. Am I losing my marbles? Has it always flashed up the time/distance to the next service? OPC implies it standard, but I could swear it didnt used to do it. I just assumed they forgot to reset something...

:?:

Ta!

When you turn the ign on you shouldn't get any message about service due unless its imminent .

Maybe theres a recall on instrument clusters that now changes it to telling you .. but it wasn,t there last time i looked at a 991.

Got my car serviced about a month ago. Had the warning that a service was due.

My next service date does not flash up automatically. However, it can be found by scrolling through the tabs ....
Vehicles Settings / Info / Service Interval

Thanks Fellas. It is flashing up and beeping at me on startup like it did prior to the service... just about a date two years away instead!

I'll go back to my OPC. :pc:

Additional interval question

Not meaning to highjack this thread but on a 2015 991.1 C4S (one of the last atmospheric ones) the first maintenance interval is 2 years, but how many miles/km? Is 30k km truly correct from what I read in my service manual?

:?

Why would the service manual be wrong. :?:

30k kms (18.75k mls) is lower than the 996 and 997 were but it's not as low as most high performance cars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back