Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Pushed the Button...

volks_womble

Trainee
So, after lots of reading, a bit of financial juggling and a fair bit of indecision on my part I decided to go for it...

So, here is my 987.1 Cayman S. Picked up on Friday (also my birthday :) ) and haven't stopped looking at it since (when I'm not driving it anyway).

28670489765_127a6f2e45_c.jpg

Convinced myself that the history of the car is exemplary, and whilst there are a few compromises on spec I am in no way unhappy with it! I went for a non PASM car in favour of simplicity. Inside it has black leather sports seats, Bose and red seat belts ;).

It also has standard S wheels (18") but painted, which really sets them apart in my eyes.

Let's hope reality lives up to the dream... I am not disappointed thus far... :)

Cheers
Mark

Looks very nice, what specification compromises did you have to make?

Pretzel said:
Looks very nice, what specification compromises did you have to make?

The main one was the colour - I would have dearly loved it to be cobalt blue, but black is good.

The sports seats were a must, and that cut my choice down a lot.

PASM would be great, but decided the standard dampers were costly enough when they wear and as a long term car I wasn't confident the PASM dampers will be affordable if the time comes.

I would happily have other options - sport chrono, sat nav, etc, but not enough to sway me from a car with good history and low mileage (48k in this case)

Also my other car died, so I was a little less patient than I could have been... ;)

Cheers
Mark

Mark, it looks lovely, good call , as you get used to it and what you want you will find lots of things are available for retro fit, aftermarket double din head unit far better than the pcm 2.1 etc. The alloys look nice in the black/silver.
enjoy the car mate :thumb: :grin:

yep, nice car and black looks nice, is it basalt?

dont worry about the bits it doesnt have, enjoy the bits it does have. :thumb:

She looks lovely, love the wheels :thumb:

wilpert said:
yep, nice car and black looks nice, is it basalt?

dont worry about the bits it doesnt have, enjoy the bits it does have. :thumb:

Yep, Basalt Black :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back