Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A/C compressor - where to buy?

This from a recent thread might be worth a look:

Helsinki Paul said:
stevewak said:
Update: Car back from JAZ with exchange a/c compressor (£450 + VAT ) labour and re-gas (£115+ VAT). All good. Technician explained condenser would need doing "in a couple of years" and that he "can't remember doing an evaporator". I'm happy - nice cool dry air.

Great that all's well. For any one else needing a new compressor. I can recommend https://www.amazon.com/Porsche-93-94-Compressor-Clutch-Denso/dp/B00ACDDQWE

It was a tip from another poster on here can't remember who but thanks any way. Been on 6 months and running perfectly. Fitted by OPC who said it was indistinguishable from official Porsche part, fraction of the cost too.

Cheers :thumb:

Mines's been rumbling for a while so may have to bite the bullet eventually.

tyinsky said:
Are the Denso units new or reconditioned? The US ones say new but surely they can't be?

Those were my initial thoughts after pricing them locally but definitely brand new. Identical to old one. Came filled with compressor oil and under pressure. New gaskets included.

Relatively easy DIY job, as long as you get the system degassed before you start, work cleanly, and get it tested and re-gassed relatively quickly.

Mine was leaking very slowly through the main pulley shaft seal. I replaced my receiver drier at the same time.

tyinsky said:
Are the Denso units new or reconditioned? The US ones say new but surely they can't be?

Yes, brand new in sealed box. It's been a warm summer here so it's had plenty of use, I'm very happy with it.

Cheers :thumb:

Need to ask before I order this part, I am guessing the compressor is the same for all the models of 993 / it is common to all? On the parts drop down when ordering it does not offer up a 1997 993 C2S.

Also, I've has a reply from the US based one on the eBay link above who says it will fit US cars but he is unsure of UK fitment.

Can anyone clarify? I need to get this A/C in and working so I can use it for a trip to Cannes in 3-weeks.

:?:

tyinsky said:
Need to ask before I order this part, I am guessing the compressor is the same for all the models of 993 / it is common to all? On the parts drop down when ordering it does not offer up a 1997 993 C2S.

Also, I've has a reply from the US based one on the eBay link above who says it will fit US cars but he is unsure of UK fitment.

Can anyone clarify? I need to get this A/C in and working so I can use it for a trip to Cannes in 3-weeks.

:?:

PET lists same part number for a 97 C2S, if you don't have a copy of the PET do a search on Design 911 website. The one from amazon fit my car which is a ROW model like yours. :thumb:

Thanks Paul, and all those that chipped in with suggestions and product links. Been studying pictures of it too and it looks like it works - might need to take the thing on the top of the old one off and re-use. Will order it :thumbs:

Raising this from the dead :)

I have a small leak from my compressor, its the main shaft seal. AC works but its inevitable that I'm slowly losing pressure and will need to get a new compressor.

Anyone got any other advise on the supply of a compressor?

I bought my brand new replacement Denso unit on Ebay for £167 from a vendor called "partscontainer".

Has been installed for 9 months and is working fine. It's definitely a genuine Denso unit.

Description was "NEW Porsche 911 Carrera 2 4 A/C Compressor With Clutch DENSO OEM 964 126 121 02"

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yewcorner
Back