Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Home Built Hot Rod (Video Build)

madge said:
Thought I would just have a quick look and ended up watching all 17 parts today. :eek:

:worship: Makes me feel quite inadequate but has at least inspired me to go and top-up the oil in my car. (well you've got to start somewhere :oops: )

Great choice with orange btw.

Keep up the good work jeff. Now subscribed. :thumb:

Wow. That must be up to a few hours straight of watching me drone on. :eek:
That is enough to give anybody nightmares!
Hey, getting out there and working on the car is just as much fun as driving it (well almost ;) ).

I actually ordered the filter material off of ebay as well. Can't remember exactly what I searched for but just look up spray booth filter or something like that. It wasn't overly expensive, and it works a treat. When I changed the filter the other day, it doesn't look like any of the paint got past the filter to the fan. I was very surprised.

ragpicker said:
Looking good there mate!

I think that stripe pattern will look awesome! Looks like you've managed to get the clear on nicely without much peel too?

It does have a bit of orange peel, but I will be clearing it a couple of times yet, and hopefully the final 'flow coat' should be nice and flat. Then I will probably cut and buff the whole thing as well, so it should hopefully be like glass.

That graphic you have going on the back looks great very clever take on the Porsche graphic.

Love the colour choice too.

Legend mate

I have been busy getting stuck into painting the roll cage, and doing the final flow coat of the car this week. Once all of the painting is finished I will tear down the booth and get stuck into the engine.

As for the engine, the guys at Performance Developments in LA have reached out to me and they want to help out with building a special engine for this project. I still need some parts.

If anyone has an aluminium case, later model heads, cam decks or cam covers for a reasonable price, let me know. They can be in the US or Aus (or anywhere in the world for that matter). You would really be helping out to make this build something special.

Thanks guys, here is the video.

Jeff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7nJqncXjq0

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stinkyspanner
Back