Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

tyres for 996 c2

roadrash

I am looking to replace the Pirelli P Zeros on my 996 c2 , but Im not sure what to go for ie straight replacement Pirellis or I have been advised to go for Bridgestone Potenza S001 XL, I am looking for 225/40/18 and 285/30/18 there is hardly any difference in price, and the car does not get a hard life on track days or such like just normal high speed motorway and occasional back roads , any advice would be appreciated

Depending on your budget the Michelin PS2's are a popular choice :thumb:

Ill throw a curve ball out here, and suggest Vredestien Vorti.

So...... story goes - I have a race car and always had fast dailys. When Vredestien first came to the UK I used the Ultrac sessanta on my E36M3 GT daily, then put it on the race car as a med - wet. Just a mind blowingly good tyre!

I now have Sessantas on the front my my 996 C2 and Vortis on the rear. This is because they have now stopped the sessnta and being replaced by the Vorti - when the fronts need changing (soon) they will also be Vorti.

Ive just come back from a Nurburgring trip. Mixed bag of rain and sun. The tyres help up with no complaints, only when I did a back to back the tyres and then brakes (uprated) started to let go.

So for daily driving all year round, and B-road blasting. Oh and SO CHEAP! I can not recommend the Vreds enough.

Mates have had the sessanta on anything from RS6, R8, M3, C63 AMG etc,

do it

do it

do it :)

ps, camskill is always the best place to get them from :thumbs:

As above also a very good tyre - and now I believe offering a lifetime warranty apart from nails and low tread....

The KU36 is rather excellent if its only a wknd dry weather kind of car

roadrash said:
I am looking to replace the Pirelli P Zeros on my 996 c2 , but Im not sure what to go for ie straight replacement Pirellis or I have been advised to go for Bridgestone Potenza S001 XL, I am looking for 225/40/18 and 285/30/18 there is hardly any difference in price, and the car does not get a hard life on track days or such like just normal high speed motorway and occasional back roads , any advice would be appreciated

For motorway use I'd stick with P Zeros. In my experience they wear longer than most as they are not as soft.

I'd heard that Bridgestones were noticeably noisier and when I got my 996T with them on they definitely were.

ps. :congrats: on your first post. You've now lost your :lurk2: badge.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back