Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GENUINE PORSCHE 997 19" LOBSTER CLAW ALLOYS WHEELS &amp

DennisCS

Genuine Porsche 997 Carrera 4S widebody wheels fitted with road legal Michelin Pilot Sport Cup+ trackday tyres and gold crested centres. These were the original alloys fitted on my 997 C4S and were replaced with Turbo alloys and retained only for infrequent trackday use. I did a little research and found that these Michelins are an extremely sticky track tyre and gave me the confidence I needed on track to push the car harder. Just the confidence booster I needed to avoid being captain slow. I also found the excessive amounts of brake dust produced during trackdays stained my alloys so having a second set allowed me to keep my other set of alloys in perfect condition. These were easily fitted the day prior to going on a trackday. Why chew up your road tyres and ruin your alloy wheels when you can fit these and improve your lap times dramatically. Pretty much everyone else on track will be using trackday tyres simply because this is the most effective modification you can make to improve your cars handling and your lap times. I've included a couple of links below from Google to discussion boards etc recommending these tyres. This set have only been used for a few laps so the tread is almost as new. They come with 4.6mm when new and have average of 4mm remaining (with nice even wear across the width) so you should easily get 3 or 4 more trackdays out of them. They give enormous amounts of grip at the limit once up to temperature - be sure to reduce tyre pressures by at least 10 psi before going out on track as they will increase by at least 10 - 12 psi once up to temperature.

Wheel sizes are as follows: Front 8Jx19 ET57 Rear 11Jx19 ET51

They will fit all widebodied 997 gen 1 or gen 2 models (997 Carrera 4 and 4S) please do your own research to confirm which other models they are compatible with.

Tyres sizes are front 245/35 ZR 19 rear 305/30 ZR 19 (fronts are slightly wider than standard to offer more rim protection).

The wheels are in good condition with absolutely no kerbing. There are some minor imperfections / small scuff marks as would be expected from normal use - please enlarge the photos to view these. The third wheel from the left shows signs of having a previous paint repair - it's not really noticeable until you get up close. If you want them perfect this one would certainly benefit from a refurb (costs about £100). All four wheels are balanced ready to fit and have no puncture repairs.

The wheels are in good condition and the tyres alone would cost in excess of £1,000 to buy new.

Looking for offer around £1,000

Attachments

• wheels_1_383.jpg
    wheels_1_383.jpg
    354.3 KB · Views: 2,223
  • wheels_6_578.jpg
    wheels_6_578.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 2,223
  • wheels_2_131.jpg
    wheels_2_131.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 2,223
  • wheels_9_426.jpg