Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 GT3 - noise ?

david_yorkshire

Spa-Francorchamps
Afternoon all;

can anyone tell me what the static noise level of a 991 GT3 (standard) is - usual test conditions, i.e.
0.5m and 45 degrees from exhaust at 3/4 maximum RPM

also - anyone have experience of circuit specific failures on driveby ?

I passed static easily @ Bedford earlier this year, but was pulled in for a word on my first lap....

looking at Donington specifically;
98dB driveby, 100dB static

yay or nay ?

Nay. Especially Donny. They are loud. This is just anecdotal but i have seen a few get flagged for noise.

Donny only do static tests if you get pulled, but normally a marshal will have a word and you need to show a modification and they will let you out again, taking it out of sports mode is classed as a modification every time I've been pulled :grin:

As Dan said Gt3s are boarder line at Donny, seen plenty track all day no issue others black flagged on first couple of laps, really is a lottery there.

Main issue is the sensor on the pit straight next to the gantry, if you lift and change up as you pass and stay to the right you should be able to run.

Good luck :thumb:

Jon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back