Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 Zunsport grills any good?

Cleetus

I am looking to fit some grills in my 997 GT3 gen1. They need to be removable due to the Porsche warranty.
Are the Zunsport grills any good?
Are they easy to fit and remove?
Do you need to drill the PU?
Thanks for your help.

Cleetus said:
I am looking to fit some grills in my 997 GT3 gen1. They need to be removable due to the Porsche warranty.
Thanks for your help.

Have you checked that grilles will affect your warranty , as Porsche actually do grilles for the gen1 GT3 ,its worth a quick call as IMO the rennline ones look better more like the OE ones and about half the price of the OE ones. The zunsport ones you can see the edges as they are front fitted which I don't like ,but its personal choice and they are easier to fit and remove. :thumb:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rennline-...019046?hash=item20f31257a6:g:P~kAAOSwiCRUmXHg

Fit, function and look great...highly recommended! :thumbs:

Phil 997 said:
Cleetus said:
Thanks for your help.

Have you checked that grilles will affect your warranty , as Porsche actually do grilles for the gen1 GT3 ,its worth a quick call as IMO the rennline ones look better more like the OE ones and about half the price of the OE ones. The zunsport ones you can see the edges as they are front fitted which I don't like ,but its personal choice and they are easier to fit and remove. :thumb:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rennline-...019046?hash=item20f31257a6:g:P~kAAOSwiCRUmXHg

Has something changed recently with respect to this. Technically the grilles void a 997.1 GT3 warranty as they weren't a factory fit option. They were standard on the 997.2 GT3 though so no warranty issues with that model

Roro said:
Phil 997 said:
Cleetus said:
Thanks for your help.

Has something changed recently with respect to this. Technically the grilles void a 997.1 GT3 warranty as they weren't a factory fit option. They were standard on the 997.2 GT3 though so no warranty issues with that model

Ok, so im going back to 2010 here but i had grills on my gen1 and was refused warranty renewal. OPC did kindly offer to remove them for about £380 though which i thoight was nice. Warranty claim i doubt youd have an issue. Warranty renewal..maybe, maybe not.

Now that I'm in the middle of this process myself, I can say I can't believe I paid £150-odd for the Design911 grilles I bought. What a massive waste of cash - the website says they're 'pre formed' which is misleading as they still require a lot of cutting to size. Could have got the raw materials for a fraction of the price from any DIY store and cut them to shape myself (like many on the forum have done). No experience of Zunnsport, hope they're better than the rubbish Design911 grilles :nooo:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back