Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Mark Webber and his new Porsche 991 Turbo S company car

I saw Webber in the Porsche hospitality tent last year at Goodwood-
I was surprised just how thin and tiny he looked ......it then occurred to me that I would never make a racing driver not only because I'm a crap driver but also because I'm too big and fat to get in the car.

I'm pretty sure I saw him here in Monaco a week or so ago in a Mercedes SLS convertible being driven by someone. Can't be 100% though.

carkid said:
I saw Webber in the Porsche hospitality tent last year at Goodwood-
I was surprised just how thin and tiny he looked ......it then occurred to me that I would never make a racing driver not only because I'm a crap driver but also because I'm too big and fat to get in the car.

It isn't only too fat either. When they were running the 2 seat F1 cars there were occasionally competitions to win a ride in them - the terms and conditions weren't just a weight limit, but also height and shoulder width. Having had a close look in the pedal box of an F1 car, I reckon that there is probably also a maximum shoe size. Seriously (even in fireproof racing ballet slippers).

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back