Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Video: Yacht docking in Monaco

alex yates said:
You need to film from behind mate :grin:

Took me 5hrs to edit these too! :lol:

PICT0004_zpsklsrz5uo.jpg

DSC01216_zpsoglfeibf.jpg

DSC03585_zps8baiwuk9.jpg

Ha ha, class! Like it!!

An Aussie mate of my brother does similar work to you perhaps? I.T systems on these big boats. Do you know a James Bourke?

Not as well as you I expect... He doesn't have two Porsches at home :floor:

I remember him telling me about being picked up by helicopter and landing on the yacht at Monaco :worship: Beats being a keyboard monkey in a London bank :grin:

Great video . thanks for taking the time to make and share

askgeez said:
An Aussie mate of my brother does similar work to you perhaps? I.T systems on these big boats. Do you know a James Bourke?

Not as well as you I expect... He doesn't have two Porsches at home :floor:

I remember him telling me about being picked up by helicopter and landing on the yacht at Monaco :worship: Beats being a keyboard monkey in a London bank :grin:

Great video . thanks for taking the time to make and share

Yeah that's part of my job, also sat comms, navigation systems and a load of other stuff to do with electronics.

Glad you liked the video.

Nice vid! :thumb:

How long are the trips you do?

I remember my career choice / fork 15 years ago making the choice to go as a clanky on yachts or going down the oil & gas route. Its times like these where I wish I'd followed your footsteps when I see that!

I can't complain too much though as I've seen most of the world & been paid for it, but still wonder where it would have lead if I had take the other door.

:?:

Clanky said:
Nice vid! :thumb:

How long are the trips you do?

I remember my career choice / fork 15 years ago making the choice to go as a clanky on yachts or going down the oil & gas route. Its times like these where I wish I'd followed your footsteps when I see that!

I can't complain too much though as I've seen most of the world & been paid for it, but still wonder where it would have lead if I had take the other door.

:?:

I usually do 10-12 weeks and then get the same off. I'm sure you'd be happy with your choices. Yachting is good money but there's a lot of politics and empire building, it can be petty. I'm trying to move into new builds or shipyard work as I'm getting old! Most crews are in their 20s or 30s if they are 'mature' I'm usually the same age or older than the captains now.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back