Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gen2 GT3

Roro said:
Also there's a number of 458's on autotrader with pretty decent mileage.

Define decent compadre.

The average mileage for a car in the UK is allegedly 7900 miles a year. The oldest 458s are now 6.5 years old. There is only 1 car for sale in the UK on Autotrader that has more than half that average mileage (being still less than 33k miles). The next leggiest has only 23k on the clock for a late 2009 car (and is a LHD and the third cheapest in the country). 13 cars with over 15k miles on the clock out of almost 100 on Autotrader (the majority of which have less than that average mileage for a single years use on the clock - even the older ones).

There are of course over 1200 458s in the country (when you add coupes and Spyders, excluding specials), so they aren't as rare as unicorn tears either, yet few of them seem to be getting any real use... :?:
[Perspective - there are around 120 UK spec 997.2 GT3s - an order of magnitude less].

[For the sake of disclosure - I really like 458s and I think that it ought to be some kind of crime that they are almost all so little used].

I put 11k miles on my Gallardo in a year and just sold my Huracan with 15k miles in as many months... I bought them to drive and not look at as a garage queen......

baldguy said:
I put 11k miles on my Gallardo in a year and just sold my Huracan with 15k miles in as many months... I bought them to drive and not look at as a garage queen......

Well done. I totally agree that to love this stuff is to drive this stuff.

It just costs..depending on where you enter the chain obviously.

Disco said:
Roro said:

Define decent compadre.

The average mileage for a car in the UK is allegedly 7900 miles a year. The oldest 458s are now 6.5 years old. There is only 1 car for sale in the UK on Autotrader that has more than half that average mileage (being still less than 33k miles). The next leggiest has only 23k on the clock for a late 2009 car (and is a LHD and the third cheapest in the country). 13 cars with over 15k miles on the clock out of almost 100 on Autotrader (the majority of which have less than that average mileage for a single years use on the clock - even the older ones).

There are of course over 1200 458s in the country (when you add coupes and Spyders, excluding specials), so they aren't as rare as unicorn tears either, yet few of them seem to be getting any real use... :?:
[Perspective - there are around 120 UK spec 997.2 GT3s - an order of magnitude less].

[For the sake of disclosure - I really like 458s and I think that it ought to be some kind of crime that they are almost all so little used].

In my view anything above 10k on a recent model Ferrari is decent :grin:

On a more serious note though, servicing is free on new Ferrari's I thought so running costs are much lower than people think (or are they...)

I'm surprised there's over 1200 in the UK!

Roro said:
Disco said:
Roro said:

Define decent compadre.

In my view anything above 10k on a recent model Ferrari is decent :grin:

On a more serious note though, servicing is free on new Ferrari's I thought so running costs are much lower than people think (or are they...)

I'm surprised there's over 1200 in the UK!

Correct. Ferrari offer a 7yr unlimited no cost service deal on all new purchases, I have been assured this is transferrable between owners. Makes a second hand 458 a very affordable daily driver (for the next 4yrs anyway).

Thats a good deal. Does it mitigate the depreciation? Or have they done their money now.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back