Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Top Gear: Series 23, Episode 6: 03 Jul 16 8pm BBC2

Kimbo can only just type as laughing too much :thumb:

I only watched one episode of the new show and its the first time I've seen CE on TV but by God the old boy was tragic. He was so unfunny. I know everyone liked the yank but to be honest he was awful too. Very hard to follow in the big gorilla's footsteps. He's as mad as a hatter but a funny fecker. :D

The first episode was one of the worst I've seen.

You should try watching the 911R section from last night, I thought Joey... sorry, Matt was pretty watchable to be fair.

I am so upset CE has left top gear............................. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

nah only joking ,he was less funny than my dead gran and had the most boring shouty voice it hurt to listen to him. The other one that need a kick is eddie jordan who was trying to be amusing but came across as bloody annoying.
So maybe keep the yank but only for two reasons 1st its funny watching a yank trying to do Brit humour knowing he really has not got a clue and is just reading a script and 2nd reason is he is Joey , deffo keep the cute German and the three others who really need to raise there profiles a bit but they were pretty good at reviewing the cars. maybe replace evans with stephen fry. :grin: :grin: :thumb: BBC must be worried its gone from just about there biggest international seller to a domestic audience of about 2million which is shocking especially as we have to foot the bloody bill on shortfall with that old out of date media dinosaur the BBC.

CE stepping aside... great news. Now maybe Jeremy Corbyn should take a leaf from his book... :lol:

C.

cableguy said:
CE stepping aside... great news. Now maybe Jeremy Corbyn should take a leaf from his book... :lol:

C.
:grin:

New format

Mike brewer - front man

then

for the lads :thumb:

Vicki Butler Henderson

along with

Chris Harris
Jason Plato

Pleased Evans has taken his over excited me me me (Im am dashing) away

Thank god CE has gone and hopefully he takes EJ with him .

I would be quite happy with MLB, Harris with one other of Sabine, Rory or a new face.

To an extent Harris and Sabine fulfil similar roles though she seems less able to articulate details about the cars so far.

Kryton said:
997 COAST said:

Vicki Butler Henderson

Christ anyone but her!!!

Agreed, find it hard to stomach her on 5th gear. Not attractive either. I don't think they need anyone else. They have a good team now. But I suppose they want a 'known person' to the masses. I think that's part of the problem though. Hammond and Mat were unknown before so they should let Reid and Harris establish themselves instead of trying to add wow factor with famous people.

Nicki Shields - really enjoyed the Goodwood Festival of Speed reviews.

She has a bit of prior in motoring programs too?

Does Chris Evans wear the same thing everyday on the radio :dont know:

I think it's time to ditch the old format, not rejig it.

Keep Harris
Keep Sabine

Fetch back Tiff
Rope in Plato

All awesome drivers.

997 COAST said:
New format

Mike brewer - front man

then

Vicki Butler Henderson

along with

Chris Harris
Jason Plato

Pleased Evans has taken his over excited me me me (Im am dashing) away

Really? May as well bring back former TG presenters Quinten & Tiff and simply rename it Fifth Gear

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back