Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Comfort to Clubsport for GT3s

I can also confirm the above, and Insurance assessors will value a clubsport higher if that 003 can be proved.

Which is all good news for those that dont want one and prefer the "comfy" one. I had one and it wasnt that comfy though.

Club sport is usually this:

991gt3-53-copyright-porsche.jpg

If he converted it it wouldn't really be a 'lookalike' as its still a genuine GT3. And if he sold it (which he said it was a keeper) he could market it as a club sport conversion.

If you're like me and have no intentions of ever selling (as long as I can afford to keep it) then resale shouldn't be a worry.

As has been pointed out it is a keeper so not overly worried about resale. I should also say that it has a Tequipment half cage and Porsche Recaro buckets and the OEM fire extinguisher oh and a Manthey RS spoiler. On top of that it has been resprayed throughout in Riviera Blue and now a Cup PU so am sure any losses have already been incurred. I will of course keep the bits I replace but who cares really - ??

These cars should not really be factory replicas and kept in cotton wool. It is all very well having a beautiful wife but personally if there is no intercourse what is the point - ?? When and if it ever makes it to a historical collectable then I am quite sure the new owner will love chasing around after original carpets (uncut for an OEM cage) et cetera.

Was not a mauve/ maroon Carerra 2.7 RS found in Trinidad recently? I also believe apart from the state it was in was also not in complete OEM condition.

These are fabulous cars built to drive fast and enjoyed. I will see how far I want to go and how much I want to spend but either way, I want to get the maximum smiles from it. No interfering aids and total connection to the road. Subsequent iterations have moved further and further away from what the 996 was. I think the fact that Nick W has kept his 997 RS despite having a 991 says it all.

Sorry, slightly off at tangents there.

Pip :) :) :)

isysman said:
Club sport is usually this:

991gt3-53-copyright-porsche.jpg

I am going to be pedantic only for the sake of completeness, but all Clubsports have nomex seats (not leather) until the 991 (the first time that it was possible to optionally order a CS with leather seats, which is what the picture is of) unless they were specially ordered as Exclusive cars out of Werk 1.

[Footnote: until the GT2RS and 4 litre 997, this was also true of all 996 and 997 RSs except 997s with the cage delete option].

You could have ordered leather seats with club sport 003 on a 996 GT3 should you have wished. Its been discussed before and I think there is actually a yellow 996 GT3 currently in the PH classifieds with this option up for about 75k.

The previous owner confirmed the option existed.

Stuart said:
I can also confirm the above, and Insurance assessors will value a clubsport higher if that 003 can be proved.

I had to send a picture of my under bonnet sticker to my Insurance company to show the 003 option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back