Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Reverse Camera has a benefit...

6appeal

Hockenheim
From the Silverstone skid pan... when I was doing 360's and a couple of 720's, its quite handy that when you spin out, the reverse camera kicks in so that you can see where you are heading! :mrgreen:

I keep going hot and cold in having the reversing camera being added to my order. I am maxed out on my budget already and removed the 'Light design package' in favour of the coloured leather gaiter and MT carbon gearstick as I will take pleasure seeing this every time I get into the car.

So apart from providing the driver some guide lines indicating where the car will be positioned based upon the position of the steering wheel. From what I recall the rear visibility is good using the car mirrors alone? Or am I missing something here? I.e. will having the reversing camera help when parallel parking?

I know its £400 extra not mega, however I still need to fund the visit to PaintShield so that £400 would come in handy!

Gazc2 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjGXn249Fc0 :D
Love it :floor:

Classic!

On the camera, I've had one in my last couple of cars so become something of a habit I suppose. Isn't essential, just a nice to have.

My current car has 5 camera's on it :eek: there's a funky little setting where you can have an aerial view of the car, dead handy sometimes for parking bays or really tight manouvres, is like having a little drone hovering over the car. Car has a camera in the rear badge, camera underneath each wing mirror, and two camera's in the front bumper.

Each to his own but I would have thought a camera is a lot more useful than coloured leather on the gear lever. If it saves you damaging the rear of the car just once it has paid for itself massively. I have had a camera on three cars and my new order CS2 and I'm on a budget too and have had to make tough decisions on the spec. One of those thing you don't see the value in until you have had one, a bit like TPM.

I'm personally not a fan of camera's as we still judge how close we are. I prefer the audible parking sensors as they are based on range/distance so you know how close you are.

sja360 said:
I'm personally not a fan of camera's as we still judge how close we are. I prefer the audible parking sensors as they are based on range/distance so you know how close you are.

The camera option includes both parking sensors and camera...

Curious2 said:
Each to his own but I would have thought a camera is a lot more useful than coloured leather on the gear lever. If it saves you damaging the rear of the car just once it has paid for itself massively. I have had a camera on three cars and my new order CS2 and I'm on a budget too and have had to make tough decisions on the spec. One of those thing you don't see the value in until you have had one, a bit like TPM.

Thanks Curious2, after long think about at possible retro fitting options for the future, I think the best option is to ditch the 'Carbon gear stick and leather gaiter' in favour for the sensors with the reversing camera. This would expect that the gear stick and leather gaiter will be easy to replace. I still want the 'Carbon gear stick and coloured leather gaiter' however this can wait. In the future I may even want install a short shift gear stick!

I quite like the camera on mine. I generally use the wing mirrors to judge alignment esp with kerbs and the camera to just distance to what is behind, which is typically a soft hedge so I am happy to edge closer than the sensors suggest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back